DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 C/C V6. I'm buying 2 10inch subs and 250 watt amp (both rockford) and am not sure where to put them, im thinking just buying a box and putting them on the back seat. I would to if anyone knows how to put them under the back seats but im not sure how much work and money that would take so if anyone has any experience on putting in subs in a truck or any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've seen a box layin' in the back seat for em. I suppose you could take out the trays under neath the back seat, I've never done it though. I personally don't care for sound systems, of course the music I listen to sounds better all crackly :D . I got to many tools in my truck to have a system :gr_patrio .

CC

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know the measurement of the back seat of a truck close to mine? I'm at my brothers appartment and he doesn't have a tape measure and I'm looking at truck sub enclosures on ebay and I want to know if they would fit. So if anyone knows the measurement from side to side of the back seat that would be awesome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed an amp in both compartments and removed the lower half of the driver side rear seat and mounted the box on top of the the driver side compartment.

·
Mopar in Ford&Chevy land
183 Posts
Cooter420 said:
I installed an amp in both compartments and removed the lower half of the driver side rear seat and mounted the box on top of the the driver side compartment.
Do you have any pics that i could see?

·
Registered
487 Posts
i made a box with a custom seat that layed on top of it. but it fit 2 12's, and one amp.
you can see just how it sits. sounded great to. still have it just layin around in my room.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
that setup did require removal of the storage bin compartment and both seats. but it was worth it. on the front of the box, the face with the ports extends 2in below the rest of the box to correct the angle leading to the back of the cab.

it did also raise the seats a couple inches but over all it did well. with 10's you dont have to have it as tall either. the seats were mounted to a piece of particle board that was carpeted, and set on blocks to raise up and out of the way of the excursion of the subs.

heres a pic out and uncarpeted

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
heres my setup now. crappy picture because i just took it in the dark. but the back panel that is usually vinal i re-did in black leather so thats what you see. where the red stripe stops is right against that. theres no gap. the pictures i posted earlier was my first box in the dak. cost me about 40 bucks in materials including the carpet and took me a day to build. this new box is here to stay. cost me around 100 in materials and 2 full days of work. its tuned to 32hz and hits the lows really hard. im sure you dont want to get into it this much, but its just another option. just like the first box, the front lip extends 2 inches down. the amps are in there own compartment built into the box. if anyone wants pics of it being built pm me as thats for a different category and thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
if you do it like the others and flip your seat up its a hell of alot easier to steal that. definitly screw it down using l brackets and mis match the heads using hard to find hardware like allen or square head bits. most people who steal stuff only carry basic tools and wont be able to get yours out. mines bolted through the floor inside the sub compartment which is impossible to get to without removing the sub. a 1/2x3" hex bolt runs through the floor on each side and a tacwelded nut below under the truck makes mine nearly impossible to steal. just something to think about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is mounted from inside the box with 4 screws. I also have an alarm and a 45. My deck cost more then my sub and amp together I think they would rather steal that. I have a kid so it would be nice to have an extra seat for her. My one 12 is very loud, no need for two

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.