DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have seen some 10's cut into the floor under the flip up seats in the ext cab and was wondering if anyone has done it and if they have pics of the inclosure or the install?

thanks in advance
Matt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has seen this or knows some one who has?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking for the same thing for my quad cab...never got any answers. I would like to know too but I think Im just gonna put one 10 behind one of the back rests in the back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep me too I've been searching forever and cant find anything either. Currently I have managed to squeeze in 2 12" type E's in seperate boxes in the back of my quab cab. It looks terrrible but it sounds good. I have the subs stacked on top of eachother behind the drivers seat with that half of the seat folded up, and the amp is under the other seat folded down so people can sit there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let us know how it works out it seems like alot of sub to squeeze in a small place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered two boxes from supercrewsound.com. Talked to the guy and he said the boxes they have will fit behind the seat and will fit that sub so....actually I will be running 2 JL10W3V3's its gonna slam.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You can NOT cut into the floor under the rear seats. The fuel tank is about 1 inch below the floor!! You will get a very big suprise if you start cutting through the floor and making sparks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
subs in the quad cab

mlnancejr05 said:
I ordered two boxes from supercrewsoundcom. Talked to the guy and he said the boxes they have will fit behind the seat and will fit that sub so....actually I will be running 2 JL10W3V3's its gonna slam.
Hey did you ever get those in? You got pics? How do you get behind those rear seats?

·
Registered
129 Posts
here u are

hey guys this might answer your questions its difficult since you do have to cut 10 in holes in the floor of your bran new truck but i went ahead and did it any way but i used concrete tubing and some minor fabricating to fit these in.... under the subs is two 3/4 in pieces of mdf sealed with silicone to the floor of the truck to space the subs away from the fuel pump and all that is under the cab they sound great because of the cab being the box its self windows up seald box windows down ported box i wouldnt recomend doing this but i think im crazy they are ran by a sony 1200 wat amp hidden behind the 40 seat you cant see a thing not one wire

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Looks good, if I were into audio, I would seriously look at that, because I'm all about keeping all of my usable space. Good work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haha... wow.... I applaud your craftsmanship there kotablu. What's protecting the underside of the subs? Another Box? Something you rigged up most likely haha. Could you get a pic of that? What's goin on under the truck, that'd be awesome to check out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
lol its embarasing to say but they are exposed to the elements but i have had them in since the truck was 3 weeks old and never had a problem with them getting wet muddy dusty anything ill post pics

·
Registered
24 Posts
haha oh man you have got to be kidding, with all that effort put into the rest of the project. I must see this...

·
Registered
129 Posts
i lied they have gotten a lil dirty since i have last seen them but they still sound brand new i listen to mostly rock metal but when im out with my friends they listen to rap n stuff and they hit hard!!!!!!! amazing for two tens

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
and they also have been in a custom fiberglas enclosure i made for my explorer and they also have been in a neon i have had these things for years i have put them thru the ultamate test

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow, didn't know audiobahns could be so hard core.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am now making the Dakota / Raider quad cab underseat box for 2 tens. It has 1.1 cubic feet of airspace and holds 2 shallow mount 10's. The mounting depth is 3.75 inches. The Pioneer and Clarion shallow 10's works great. You can mount your amps to the back wall.
I will have them available on my website anytime now. :rck:
The only thing thats holding me back is a back ordered shipment of 12mm long nuts for the seat spacers. Metric long nuts are very hard to find :VHOT:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.