DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one DVC (4 ohm each) sub that I want to wire as a 4 ohm load. Do I only use one of the voice coils? I did a search but didn't find a clear answer.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can only wire that sub as either an 8 ohm or 2 ohm configuration. If you run only one coil you can ruin the sub. Best bet is to get another sub and then you can series/parallel the subs to get your four ohm load.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If a second sub is outta the question, then your only alternative is to sell the one you got and go with a single coil 4 ohm sub. Are you trying to use a 2 channel amp? If its a mono, most well known brands can go as low as a 2 ohm load or lower.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! The amp is a mono rated for 2 or 4 ohms, the sub is wired for 2 ohms now, but I thought it might sound better with a little less power. The bass over powers the rest of the sound, maybe I just need to tune the amp better.

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
You will NOT ruin the sub by wiring just one of the voice coils. The voice coils are lined up in the same plane of motion, with the same spider.

No need to worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.