309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
well I have a JL W3v2 and I built my own box to specs so that it would fit. But I can't help you on this one because I don't know how deep the box is. If the website had more dimensions I could tell you, but I just don't know with the specs they provide.

~Dodge Guy~

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it says Mounting Depth = 6 inches

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
yeah... The mounting depth on a JL W3v2 is a little over 6 inches... You can do what I did and use some 3/4 inch MDF to create a mounting ring to extend it just that much more. Then it should fit perfectly wel. If you can't do it yourself, any competent audio installer should be able to do it. I did my own, routered the edges and made it a real smooth install. Carpet over it and it looks great.

~Dodge Guy~

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
didn't you have a box with 2 10" JLW3's?

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but it was custom made by someone else on here and I dont have it anymore

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
oh, sorry bro. I thought you were putting in 2 12's. If you are doing 10's then you should fit well with a 10 W3v2 and you should just squeak by with a 10W3v3. Might require a little tiny bit of modification, but it will fit. just make sure you double check that the airspace is right for whatever sub you get. If it isn't... well. yeah. You might wanna fix that. lol

~Dodge Guy~

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am getting two 12's lol

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
ok, yeah... then you'll probably need to make up two rings to extend the subs out a little bit. Shouldn't be a problem. Are you gonna go with the W3v3's? Because if you are... That is gonna be awesome. We built a custom enclosure in my brother's F-150 last summer. 2 of these bad boys and man... if your box is tuned as well as we tuned his, then you're gonna need s lot of Dynamat and make sure you tighten down your rear-view mirror. His is so loud that it will move air in-and-out of your chest if you just open your mouth. haha. I have one of em and my rear-view mirror fell off the other day while I was driving. (But again, we do our boxes custom tuned to get the most out of the sub. A one size fits all box may be different)

~Dodge Guy~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.