DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
flecker
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a question regard mounting my sub box in my 03 1500 regualr cab. I want to completly ditch the tool storage pan thing and just have sub box behind the seats. But my already made subbox sits to low should i raise it up so the subs are right behind the driver and passengers seats for the best sound quality or will raising it up make any difference???

·
flecker
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone???? i seriouslly need some input here

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I doubt you will even notice in difference in sound. The only thing is that by dropping the box down you might be getting the sub away from the seat a little more if you are using truck style boxes and the sub might not be as muffled by the seat. Its not going to hurt anything might even be better if it creates more room between the sub and the seat.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i dont know if you already have the box or boxes that you want but i seriously recommend backfiring the subs to hit under the window. i dynomated under my window and ran two kicker l7's firing towards thw rear and it sounded amazing. you dont get all the reverb with rear firing although evrything has to be pretty custom including the boxes. plus you dont have to worry about crushing the cones on the subs or puncturing them

·
Registered
88 Posts
the drop down wont affect sound in dbs, all it will do is make it clearer. Mine sits like that only thing u need to do is make a bracket or somethign to keep the box from sliding.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
I just ditched the plastic bin this morning and I went to walmart and bought a rubber running mat and took a razor and custom cut it so it fits snug against the rear on the hump and I placed my 2 12's back there. Sounds a little more deeper and rattles more

·
flecker
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i am using a premade sub box that i took out of a previous 2000 chevy regualr cab so thats why it sits a little bit lower. It wasnt made for a dodge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.