DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About once a month I notice trans fluid drops on my garage floor and I get under my truck and tighten about a half dozen of them back down. Why are they loosening? I'm pretty sure that the bolt holes will have fluid that has seeped up in them. I'm thinking about pulling a bolt at a time and spraying brake or carb cleaner in them to clean them out and then replacing the bolt. Anyone see a problem with this or have another suggestion? Lock washers maybe? Threadlock?

·
Registered
994 Posts
You could clean the holes and bolts with cleaner (I like non-chlorinated brake cleaner), then add a drop of blue locktite and torque them down. 24 hrs until it is cured.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
is the Gasket cork? could be it is soaking the tranny fluid and seaping out or maybe try lock washers on the bolts ... sounds like they are backing themselves out ...... or possibly check to make sure they have the right amount of torque on them or there is an issue with the gasket itself

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gasket is rubber and last time I did a filter/fluid change I torque the bolts to spec. This has been an ongoing problem through several filter/fluid changes. I think I'll try to clean the bolt holes and use loctite when I get some time.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Personally I wouldnt mess with the loctite ..... you dont have clean each hole but I would put a lock washer on the bolt ..... that should be pretty easy to do.
If you do the loctite then I would say clean each hole before putting the loctite on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.