DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid Question

607 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RobRamAZ 
#1 ·
Ok so after putting longtubes on i have a leak somewhere along in the equation. Im pretty sure that its on the passenger side header. My question is that is it ok for me to drive with it like this for a while till I have time to tear it down and re-seal it and check everything. Or is this gonna end up causing damage and I need to fix it as soon as possible. So pretty much what im asking is that is a manifold leak just an annoying sound or something to be fixed?

#2 ·
If the leak is bad effort, it can etch the metal surface.

#3 ·
you cant hear it when its idling, or when you put it in park and rev it up...Just when driving down the road and it gets worse the higher the rpm

#4 ·
Any leak can etch the metal; sooner or later.

#5 ·
yea I just didnt wanna sweat it if its not a serious damage problem and get to it when I can...I mean it will be like this no longer than 2 more weeks, Its just hard to find time juggling a FT job and going to college FT

#6 ·
The time youve spent on DT you could have re tightened the header bolts!!

Just kidding..

Ive been fighting leaks with mine for like 2 months.... finally got them sealed..

What gaskets did you use? All the bolts tight? Did you delete the cats?

#7 ·
i used the locking bolts but couldnt get some of the locking tabs on the header because of the welds being so thick on thier :( I also used the fel-pro gaskets wkhich are the thick metal ones just like mopar. And no I didnt delete cats I got high flows

#8 ·
Did you cut the ear off the trans on the pass side?

#9 ·
yea i did

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.