DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may be a stupid question but in my head it is making sense. On my 2wd 2-4 McGaughy's drop with flip, that Ive had on about a year now. I noticed right after installation that the truck was about 3/4in lower on the driver side, and also the whole axle seemed to be shifted over to the passenger side 1/2in. Which from what Ive heard from everybody this is normal and that as you drop the vehicle the imperfections show more. But this is starting to get the best of my OCD.

I gave up on trying to shift over the axle thinking maybe I could loosen the Ubolts and then tighten them back up. But now Im thinking I could take the passenger side spring and swap it with the driver side.

Are the springs the same left to right? And do you guys see a problem with this?

Thank, Kole

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's what I did with my lift kit. I put my lift kit on and I noticed it was sitting a inch higher on the passenger side. So I swapped the springs and it solved the problem because the taller coil was now supporting the gas tank weight and my weight so it equaled it out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what for the "LEAF" springs, sorry for not being specific, but I think I am going to try that on the front also...thanx

·
Registered
393 Posts
Are you sure your center pin is in the center whole on the axle and not the forward? That what happened when I did the overload removal. One pin was center on the axle hole and the other side was sitting on top of the panel of the axle sitting in NO hole so it made it higher.

·
Registered
393 Posts
might wanna switch your leafs, just a thought have you talked to slammed1 he might know :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah see that was my thought process...but I didnt know if the leafs were compatible to be swapped left to right or what not.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I'm not sure if they are exactly left/right specific. But I do know that they show two different part #s for front coils, one left. one right. In all honesty it's more likely your bed is shifted to one side 1/2" more than the other side.

Tons of guys have had this issue. My truck was the same way. When I installed my rollpan and lifted the bed to remove the stock hitch, I straightened it out. In your instance a shift to the other side 1/4" should even it up.

KB

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol...not being sarcastic or nothing but you sounded like you were refering to the front "COIL" springs...im refering to the "LEAF" springs

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I know your talking bout the rear leafs. :) I was just saying that the front coils have two different #s, but I don't know if the rears have two different #s? Meaning I dont know if one is specific for right/left?

KB

·
Registered
337 Posts
slammed1 knows all!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KB112 said:
I'm not sure if they are exactly left/right specific. But I do know that they show two different part #s for front coils, one left. one right. In all honesty it's more likely your bed is shifted to one side 1/2" more than the other side.

Tons of guys have had this issue. My truck was the same way. When I installed my rollpan and lifted the bed to remove the stock hitch, I straightened it out. In your instance a shift to the other side 1/4" should even it up.

KB
Ok well...I took this on head strong today, and did all kinds of reference measurements and stuff, ITS THE BED...the bed is to the driver by 1/4".

How do you shift the bed? Is there play in it? Or is it a fixed position? Something simple I can do in the garage with a buddy or two? I actually looked for the bolts under the truck today and didnt see any just by glance and also didnt know if it will be a henderance since I have a bed liner.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
No problem to move at all Bro. Shortbeds have 6 bolts through the frame attaching to mounting points. Longbeds have 8 bolts. Just get under there with a big ratchet and an extender. I had to lift the rear of the bed off to remove my factory hitch and install the rollpan.

It should be easier for you. Just get under the truck. Loosen all 6 bolts and push the bed over. If I remember right I just shimmied mine over a little bit at a time. Then just tighten the bolts back down nice and tight. :tup:

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet...appreciate it...my OCD self finally got ahold of me...it was eating me up that it looked like the tire was sticking out more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.