DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
03 S.X. 2.0
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:help: Im not very big into cars, but Im starting to get into them a bit more now that I actually own my own. What are you guys talking about when you say 1st gen or 2nd gen? Im sure this is a pretty simple answer, I just like knowng what Im reading.

Also, a not so stupid question, is there anyone in the GTA that can recommend a good place for window tinting??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
1st Gen refers to the first style, or "first generation" of neons if you will, the ones that were made from 1995-1999. 2nd Gen refers to the 2nd, most recent (and also last) body style, made from 2000-2005. 2nd Gens can also be split up into a couple different catagories. 2000-2002 were the extremely ugly ones, 2003-2005 were halfway decent looking... kinda. (LOL just messin with you Hoodooguru) From 2000-2003 the cars had "normal" PCMs (computers) that allowed and responded to engine modification. From 2004-2005 they got what is known as an NGC (Next Generation Computer) PCM, which compensates for modifications you make (short of forced induction) to try and keep the power output at the factory level. Basically, Dodge didnt think we needed to make our neons faster anymore.... :huh:

Oh and by the way.... 1st Gen > 2nd Gen :D

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Rice got you covered on the Generations thing.

As far as your tint goes. You could buy up 6 boxes of tint at wallmart screw up 2-3 boxes and still not spend over 75 bucks. In fact you can get pre-cut tint and install it.
I could help you out on the process if you want to take some pride in doing it yourself.
Iv'e never tinted for money just for my self and freinds.

If your interested in doing it yourself let me know and I will help you out with what to buy and why to buy it! Then I will let you know how to go about getting it to look like you paid big money for it. The biggest thing with doing it yourself is a little thing called patientce. LMAO In which I have none of. LOL But I have done about 10 tint jobs since my first one back in 1993. LMAO Dang that makes me feel old! Let us know what you want to do. Later

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
hey acr post up athread on how u do ur tint... i wanna tint my windows... and well all the ppl that tell me how to do it well there tint looks like shit lmfao all bubble... also how'd u do the rear window?

SRT-4>>>>>>>>>>1st gen, 2nd gen (none srt)

that was for rice :p

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
SRT swapped 1st Gen > SRT-4 > 1st Gen > 2nd Gen

That was for moparracer. :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
95moparracer said:
hey acr post up athread on how u do ur tint... i wanna tint my windows... and well all the ppl that tell me how to do it well there tint looks like shit lmfao all bubble... also how'd u do the rear window?=QUOTE]

I haven't seen many home-tint jobs that I like. I decided to bite the bullet and had a pro install mine. It looks factory or better. No bubbles, no lines, just dark glass. If you do get it done by a pro ask if there is a lifetime warranty on the tint. My tint install was a 3M product and after having it for about a month I noticed a couple pen-head bubbles in the rear window (the hardest window to do). They got me in the shop, stripped the old tint out reinstalled new tint and said 'have a nice day" at no cost.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Oh and by the way.... 1st Gen > 2nd Gen :D[/QUOTE said:
Grrrrr :VHOT:

:D Toocha :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.