DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 RT. I am seriously thinking about some 20" wheels (8.5front 9.5 rear). If I were to run a 255-45-20 up front, can I run the same tire on back and it will look a little wider due to the extra inch width on the rim?

Next question. I wish to purchase the lowering springs from someone, and here is the stupid question....If I have 20's and lower it 1.5 inches, can I install a trailer hitch to pull a light trailer with 2 sport bikes on it? I think the answer is going to be "NO" but I have to ask others more familar with this awesome car.

BTW, I just got this thing and I'm LOVIN it! :rck:

·
Registered
178 Posts
don't see how that'll fly..i have the lowering springs and 20"rims on my r/t and i don't think i'd attempt it.when i put a few things in the back like if you were headed out for a weekend away it lowers the car even more.you'll loose a lil ride comfort with lowering springs aswell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 20x9 KMC's on mine w/255/45/20 nitto's and it looks killer.... I believe the offset is what will affect your lowering capability. I don't remember the offset of mine... but if I wanted, I would be able to lower it with no problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You won't lose ride if you buy springs, if anything it will stiffen the ride up. Don't go any lower than a 40 series tire and get dampers with your springs and I promise you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
255/45/20's will fit fine with lowering springs.I ran a Eibach Pro-Kit on my R/T which settled out to amost 2" drop.I had 20x8.5 wheels with a +15 offset and no rubbing issues at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have new tires now. I stayed with the stock 18's. I couldn't find a 20" I liked after looking at over a thousand wheels. Everything was either FUGLY, or out of my price range. I stuck on a set of 255's and LOVE it. Thanks for the info though................................. :rck:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.