DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im about to be home and open my new Superchips programmer. Ive seen some guys on here that have the programmer and most of them have a different thermostat. Am I going to have to get another thermostat when I reprogram my truck? If so which one? and which one do I have now?

·
Registered
268 Posts
You don't have to change your t-stat out (stock 203 deg.) aslong as you run the right octane gas with the program ie. 89 octane for 87 setting......91+ for towing and performance. That said, running a lower temp t-stat is some extra peace of mind. jmho.

·
Registered
241 Posts
john_6267 said:
You don't have to change your t-stat out (stock 203 deg.) aslong as you run the right octane gas with the program ie. 89 octane for 87 setting......91+ for towing and performance. That said, running a lower temp t-stat is some extra peace of mind. jmho.
This is correct.
Ron

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when i go to program this thing today...its going to tell me what octane I need to run? What do you mean by right octane gas with the program? do you mean dont run lower octane then what you program it for?

·
Registered
430 Posts
OncGMnowHemi said:
So when i go to program this thing today...its going to tell me what octane I need to run? What do you mean by right octane gas with the program? do you mean dont run lower octane then what you program it for?
That's right. In general, it's a good idea to run 89 octane if you're stock. No different with the SC on the 87 octane setting, although I don't normally have a problem in Houston using 87 octane fuel. Just read the manual and it will become clear. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.