33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rockford fosgat amp that is 2 channel. here are the specs:

2 x 125 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
2 x 250 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
1 x 500 watts RMS bridged @ 4 ohms
1 or 2-channel output
Cast Aluminum Heatsink
MEHSA (Maximum Efficiency Heat Sink Application)
Removable Chrome Covers
TOPAZ (Tracking Operation Pre-Amplifier Zone)
NOMAD (NOn-Multiplying Advanced Decision)
Trans-ANA (TRANSconductance Active Nodal Amplifier)
Front and rear Internal Crossovers
RCA Pass-Thru Jacks
LED Power Indicator
Remote Punch Bass Connection with remote
Preamp outputs
Variable Punch Bass boost
11"W x 2-7/16"H x 13-11/16"D

The point is, i want to hook up just one kicker solo baric 15. does anyone know what version to get. Do i need a dual voice coil, dual 4, or what. Id really appreciate any help becuase i dont understand how it works at all.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I personally recommend DVC (dual voice-coil (I think all L5's are), dual 2 so your amp will feed 2 ohm to each), and then hook up one channel to one voice coil and the the other channel to the other voice-coil. This way it will be an easy hook up and your sub will be getting a 2 ohm load from the amp, that way you can put out maximum RMS power of 500 watts, your sub will need every watt of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man

·
Registered
557 Posts
2ohm stereo power = 4ohm mono power (500watts)
a single coil sub 4ohm would have been less wiring...

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's true, but I don't believe an L5 15 comes in Single Voice Coil.

By the way Racer Raul, nice stereo setup there, I see you're going to be going with an Alpine Type-X sub here soon. Very Very good choice. What size are you going with. I have a 12" in my Durango, but I also have a 10" here at my house that is brand new, only opened to inspect for damages. I was originally going to get a truck and was going to use the 10 in it to save space over the 12. I ended up getting the Durango, and decided I wanted the 12. Because the Type-X sub is a special order item and most stereo shops (at least the ones in my area) don't carry that kind of thing in stock so they would not take it back.

I would like to sell it, maybe you're interested. I'm going to lose money on it, but at this point, that is ok, I just don't want to take a huge hit. Any reasonable offers are accepted. I live in Oregon, if you give me your zip code, I can check on shipping costs.

Edit: I PM'd you, check your inbox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.