DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here,,,and drive diesels,,but,,a guy i see at the strip here is a sts turbo dealer..to me ,,the whole set up looked kinda junky.but,,i gotta say,,it looked like it worked really well.he was running a swb chevy 5.3,with it and was running consistent 13.70`s.....just wondering if any of you have played with them on your hemis?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Theres a few of them on this site. I agree the setup doesn't look primo, I mean the air intake is UNDER the bed (right?). That sounds like an awful idea. but it's supposed to put some ferocious numbers out.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
If the intake sat in my passenger seat and added those numbers.....I wouldn't care at all.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Turbos are cool.
I wish I could afford the STS system.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Jeez, someone stuck a turbo four cylinder in that old thunderbird in my garage... I mean what the hell?? :cool: :cool: :cool:

TURBOS ROCK!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have one in my 04, qc, 4x4. I love it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
Jeez, someone stuck a turbo four cylinder in that old thunderbird in my garage... I mean what the hell?? :cool: :cool: :cool:

TURBOS ROCK!! :rck: :rck: :rck:
My brother has an '89 or '90 Turbo Bird in his garage too.
Looks exactly like yours.
With a few mods those cars SCREAM.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
im new here,,,and drive diesels,,but,,a guy i see at the strip here is a sts turbo dealer..to me ,,the whole set up looked kinda junky.but,,i gotta say,,it looked like it worked really well.he was running a swb chevy 5.3,with it and was running consistent 13.70`s.....just wondering if any of you have played with them on your hemis?

That is not saying much In my opinion, MJFIKAC is running 13.9's naturally aspirated with about 1000 in mods

·
Registered
474 Posts
check out 1320 video, parrish is his name......"anyone hear that 747 do a low fly by?" it's the fastest 99 and newer chevy. he's got a 408 sounds like mopar huh? with a HUGE turbo. runs 10's dont know what stroke combo he went with to get a 408, that'd be one hell of a punch for a 5.3L and some really thin cylinder walls. I think he stroked a 6.0L

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Mad Titan said:
My brother has an '89 or '90 Turbo Bird in his garage too.
Looks exactly like yours.
With a few mods those cars SCREAM.
My 88 packs some punch, my only mod is exhaust. There are some VERY simple wastegate mods and others that cost nothing more than the time to tweak them with handtools.. Once that turbo spools up, it'll pin you to the seat and suprise the poop outta you when you know that its only a 4 banger under the hood of this VERY heavy car.

Yeah it really makes me wonder why turbos and superchargers arent more popular. So what if they're expensive? Even if the manufacturers would pass the cost on to the consumer, I think there would be a huge demand for forced air engines on any model they would offer it on!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ive thought about it but ive heard nothing but negative feedback from people about the STS on the HEMI. I hear its a great system on other cars they just havent worked out the kinks for the HEMI's yet. Ill stick with a GS motorsports supercharger with the big boost kit. 500rwhp is plenty for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Are ya sure it's Rear wheel?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just for clarification,,i wasnt thinking correctly,,the chevy i saw runs 8.70`s in the eighth at 84mph.....i havent seen him at the quarter track.he was getting me by a tenth at the eighth,i just wasnt thinking straight when i posted on this,,,oh well,,,,,,bama

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes the GSM kit with the big boost kit and bigger injectors dynos 500 horsepower at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
RedHemiRam03 said:
Yes the GSM kit with the big boost kit and bigger injectors dynos 500 horsepower at the rear wheels.

They must have come out with a new kit because last I saw it was 389 to the rear wheels. Most Hemis Dyno at about 270 to the rear wheels, I just don't see a SC adding 230hp. Not buying it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i know him from ls1tech, parish that is, he will be the first street driven stock located suspension truck in the 9's and it wil lhappen very soon.. he was running mid 10's leaving easy as anything on not his normal tires ect from what i read....

hes going to add a lil shot of gas

yes it is a 6.0 liter block, same as what ppl put in there ls1's.. bout the biggest u can go with the 5.7 liter ls1 block is 396, anything bigger needs the 6.0 liter iron block or the c5r block one.

truck is nasty nasty fast. and looks basically bone stock

·
Registered
152 Posts
Josh Brown said:
They must have come out with a new kit because last I saw it was 389 to the rear wheels. Most Hemis Dyno at about 270 to the rear wheels, I just don't see a SC adding 230hp. Not buying it.
The 389 hp kit is the 6psi kit. You didnt listen to me. GSM also sells a Big Boost Kit that pushes the boost up to 10psi and along wit hthe bigger injectors, puts it around 490 to 500rwhp, on a completely stock truck. Along with my exhaust, intake, and headers, i will easily be over 500rwhp. Head on over to www.gsmotorsports.com and read up a bit before you make remarks like i dont know what im talking about.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Pharish is awesome... I've got most of his videos which is good because they're pretty much all offline now on 1320.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
RedHemiRam03 said:
The 389 hp kit is the 6psi kit. You didnt listen to me. GSM also sells a Big Boost Kit that pushes the boost up to 10psi and along wit hthe bigger injectors, puts it around 490 to 500rwhp, on a completely stock truck. Along with my exhaust, intake, and headers, i will easily be over 500rwhp. Head on over to www.gsmotorsports.com and read up a bit before you make remarks like i dont know what im talking about.

I stand corrected it does say the big boost kit will give about 100hp more then the standard GS kit-123hp+100hp=223hp. I didn't mean to say you didn't know what you were talking about, just I typically don't belive the advertised hp stuff. manufactures claim like 15% on a cai. That is like 50hp on our trucks. With all that boost I'd be afraid of some damage. I'm suprised more guys on here havent got that kit. everyone was upset there was no SC, now there is and no one has it.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If I had my Hemi still... I'd have one of those kits.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.