DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to replace the strut rod bushings on my 71 dart the best i can tell from my manual you have to remove the lower control arm and the torsionbar is this right or there another way anyone installed any info needed

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Thats right. You have to slide the torsion bar back and remove the lower control arm. Use polyeurethane bushings and you will not have to do this again. You may need a torsion bar removal tool to get your bars out. Nows a good time to check your lower control arm bushings also because these are often shot.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
moparracer said:
Thats right. You have to slide the torsion bar back and remove the lower control arm. Use polyeurethane bushings and you will not have to do this again. You may need a torsion bar removal tool to get your bars out. Nows a good time to check your lower control arm bushings also because these are often shot.
Good advice,

If the strut rods are bad the lower control arm bushing must be terrible.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dart front end

i just got the torsion bar out today i got all energysuspensionpoly bushings when i get the lca off the bushings are press in right should i take it to the shop to have this done how bout the upper controlarm bushing anybody know of anysites with frontend info.tech.ect.also the kit didn t come with torsionbar ballon seals anybody know sells em thanks

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Seals available through Mopar still, or packaged as a set through Mopar performance.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Energy Suspension also makes poly t-bar seals, and they are cheap. Not as easy to install as the factory seals though. You might want to take your lca's to someone familiar with changing these bushings, i had to make some special tools to use in the press while changing them. Upper control arm bushings don't go bad as often as the lowers but while your here .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.