DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there already a thread for this ? . . Ohwell , Im the new guy . With some questions . . . . Want to know more about a Stroker eng . . Is it basicly a Big Block , in a small block , Block ? . . . . Do you get the torque feeling of a Big Block , with a Stroker ? . . .Do they have more problems ? . . Or is it totally worth it , if you got the $$$ ? . . . . . Just a few Questions , If any one can help . . . . . Thanx G.T.

· Registered
810 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
28,764 Posts
The only Indy stroker I have seen in a truck is the 426 and it did not run as fast as I thought it would. And Power Ported has never put a stroker motor into a truck that I know of.

If you go stroked, go with either Sharadon Performace or PR&D...Both shops do top notch work and you will not be dissapointed.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stroker's have big block torque , rite ? . . . Wouldnt that be even better for a truck ? . I mean the 6.1 & 5.7 blocks are the same , just bigger heads on the 6.1 , rite ? . . . So what would be the big deal putting it into a truck ? Is there sumthing I need to know ? . . . Like, "your not aloud to use a 6.1 in a truck " becuz the finnigan pins dont line up ! or sumthing ? . . . Please fill me in bro , cuase I was ready to order one .. . Thanx again

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the by , I appreciate the help from all you HEMI Wizards . . . . The only way to learn is to ask . . . . So thanx again .

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
Yes, you can drop a 6.1 into a truck. It had been done a couple of times. You can also stroke a 6.1L (370) to a 6.4L (392) or 7.0L (426). There are a couple of 5.7L (345) stroked to a 6.1L (370) running around here on the site. Mine is a 5.7L (345) stroked to a 6.3L (383). Hope that helps.

PH

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really ? . . . .With all the forgedparts too ? . . . . Sharadons doesnt have any list or adds , just to call them for pricing , etc . . . . Is there a link with pricing ?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
Really ? . . . .With all the forgedparts too ? . . . . Sharadons doesnt have any list or adds , just to call them for pricing , etc . . . . Is there a link with pricing ?
Sharadon just because a site sponsor this past week, so they havent put all their parts up on the website yet. Any stroker motor that they build you is going to be completely custom, so its hard to just put a straight up price tag on something like that. This is why they say to call for pricing. Denny will go over everything with you to make sure that you get the right setup for your particular truck and driving needs :D

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rite on . . . Thats probably what I will do . . . Im a gear head at heart , but not a mechanic . So I dont know all the Buzz words , and internal parts , But Im learnig from you Hemi wizards . . . . . So thanx

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
Rite on . . . Thats probably what I will do . . . Im a gear head at heart , but not a mechanic . So I dont know all the Buzz words , and internal parts , But Im learnig from you Hemi wizards . . . . . So thanx
There are 2 guys I would trust doing something like this and they are Denny @ Sharadon Performance, and Stu @ PR&D. Both guys are unbelieveable engine builders and I have nothing but respect for both of them. They can build a shortblock for you to install yourself, or you can do as I did and just ship the truck to the shop :D A 20 hour drive home is going to be one hell of a break in huh :thatfunny

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is sharadon the ones with the Stage III tranny ? . . . Cuz I need that and an EDGE converter too . But yeah , I will have to drive my girls suburban around for while . . . How long is a Build take ?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
Is sharadon the ones with the Stage III tranny ? . . . Cuz I need that and an EDGE converter too . But yeah , I will have to drive my girls suburban around for while . . . How long is a Build take ?
Yes, Sharadon is the shop that is doing the Stage II and stage III transmissions. The build time will depend alot on the machine shop. My block took over a month at the machine shop because they had to take it back for some minor tweaks. Also, the pistons are custom ordered, so that will take a few weeks as well. I would give them at least 2 months to get everything completely assembled and ready to run.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did u pick the color of ur Block ? . . . Hemi Green ? . . . LOL . . . . Thats what Im gona do . . . When u get time , List the most important stuff I should do to my Block & heads . I know, I want as much Forged as possible . . .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.