DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i buy a stroker 408 kit and use my stock heads and maybe buy a intake and throttle body or just buy heads and keep stock intake and maybe but a throtle body dont have a lot of money to work with

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok another question i was looking on my 360 sst and on the throtte body and it says holley did holley make these for these trucks or is it a aftermarket one

·
Registered
631 Posts
Holley is the stock tb. Fastman is your best bet for an aftermarket tb. All the Fastman is a machined stock tb with a larger bore.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
If you don't have alot of money, don't look at Heads or a 408.

Which is too bad.

But gettin a nice ported TB, Air Filter of some sort, and a nice high flow exhaust should wake it up alot.

More cube (408) is going to require more air. You can put one together with stock heads, but it's kinda pointless. Save up till you can do it all at once, and then do it all right!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i beleive im going to rebuild my 360 and buy a M1 intake and a fastman throttle body and port and polish my heads with headers and a K&N filter with a functional hood what hp level would this put me at

·
Registered
552 Posts
a "functional" hood is a waste of alot of cash. you can get a ram air system that you can use with your stock hood for half what you would pay for a hood. build the bottom end of the motor. use the hughes 408 stroker kit, add clevelite 77 bearings and some plasma molly rings. porting the heads on a stroker motor is a waste of a couple hours. if you dont have alot of money to spend and the bottom end need rebuilt buy the stroker kit and build the bottom end well. stuff the motor back in and when you have more money start on other things. but start with the stroker kit, cam, timing set, crank pulley, have the computer reflashed, and leave it at that for now. you wont have to break into the motor anymore unless you break it.later on down the road you will need to upgrade exhaust, intake, throttle body, ignition, and youll be set. just address the bottom end first thats where the bulk of your work will be. your not going to make a ton more power until you address the air flow but it will have more torque and hp but dont expect alot. with a pretty well built stroker without a power adder your not looking at alot of power but it will be arounf double what you have now. but alot of power to some poeple doesnt mean alot of power to others.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well guys that sounds good and all but i have a very tight budget and the truck will be a daily driver im only 16 i dont need a 10,000 dollar motor i just want a good stout motor if i get the stroker kit i will have the stock heads intake and throttle body i cant spend alot i was talkin about porting my stock heads and just getting a bigger cam with a intake and throttle body i was wondering were this would put me but if i go buy a stroker kit then i cant go spend 1,400 on heads with no valves or nothing and then i still have the stock intake and throttle body cause ive wasted all my money would all this give me the same power as a stroker with stock every thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.