DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Street Scene Rollpan tonight, but need to know if I should remove the spare tire. The street scene rollpan covers the hole for spare tire removal.

So my question is, has anyone ever installed a Street Scene Rollpan and figured a way to keep it installed and remove easly/

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks, but that does not help me. I don't want the plug on that has been covered up. So I am trying to find out if anyone else has done it the way i am doing it and how do they remove it with out using the crank hole.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Use a ratchet with a 1/2" or 9/16" socket...I dont remember which. That's what I had to do with mine because the retards drilled the hole in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
No problem. Make sure you try both sizes and find a tight fit, because I screwed up and eventually ended up stripping that bar that drops the spare.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Will try it before putting the rollpan on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That plug is one of the reasons I haven't installed my SS roll pan. I didn't want to drill a big hole and put a plug in my roll pan and with a 20" spare it would be a pain in the a$$ to get above the spare to bring it down, more so now with my truck lowered.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
five_7_HEMI said:
I didn't want to drill a big hole and put a plug in my roll pan and with a 20" spare it would be a pain in the a$$ to get above the spare to bring it down, more so now with my truck lowered.
VERY true...believe me...I know!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.