DodgeTalk Forum banner

Have you ever ran someone on the street?

• Yes, ive raced on the street.

Votes: 86 84.3%
  • No, ONLY at the track.

Votes: 16 15.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
opinionated statistics and a strategic 270° fishtail at 60 mph to avoid a senile bluehair sound very credible to me. :p

I respect the community by keeping my lead foot out of neighborhoods and heavy traffic, but everywhere else is a playground, in which i responsibly play, within obvious limits of course. Like wide open highway or a long, open street with few to no other cars. I never really go much above 10 to 15 over... unless of course I'm going to see family down south. then I like to find out where my various vehicles' limits lie, out on the deserted Higways of Macon county , ga.

I race at street lights and beyond, all the time. Have I been ticketed? Yes. But I still fit into that percentage of bad drivers. Damn. Have I had at-fault accidents? yes. oh crap. I must be a REALLY bad driver. As a matter of fact, I'm driving a brand new F-150 right now cuz my DD ram is in the body shop awaiting $3500 worth of work. At work, however, I drive a 16 Passenger H2 stretch limo, or a 55 passenger Freightliner motorcoach, through downtown Atlanta almost every night of the week. (including fri. and sat.) And wanna hear something so horrible, so terrible that I almost create my own statistic? I race the limo AND bus too, and I get TIPS for it! I don't know how I ever got my CDL... The boss knows about all this with his in-cab cameras and whatnot. He never says a word. I watch the videos with him, with the passengers cheering me on, he laughs, and says nothing.
I'm a crappy driver.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have never raced anyone on the street!!! No one will race me!!:bawl:
It has to be that I am a girl. They must think it's my man/dads truck or they are just scared of being beat by a girl!!!!:cheerl:
At least I do get to race other peeps at the track!!!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Anybody familiar with Front street in Phily PA? Don't know if they still run there but if so it's probably nothing but ricers. Seen a lot of crazy stuff go on there back in the day(20+ years ago). Was a great place to hang and watch the activities.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I never race on the street but I do have a problems with people chasing me.

:dunno:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
40 to 50 years ago street racing was almost a nightly deal. It was done late at night when traffic was nil and the city cops used watch us. Back then after 10 PM there was no traffic in our town. The cops did say that if they got any complaints we'd have to "stop that shit."

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
I have never raced anyone on the street!!! No one will race me!!:bawl:
It has to be that I am a girl. They must think it's my man/dads truck or they are just scared of being beat by a girl!!!!:cheerl:
At least I do get to race other peeps at the track!!!
I'm surprised most guys don't race you just to show off..... Testosterone in men makes them do stupid things sometimes..... :D

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Why build a fast truck with bad mileage, just to do the speed limit?
I drive the speed limit whenever my radar detectors remind me to watch my speed because someone else is...

·
Low N Slow
4,459 Posts
I mostly do hole shots at those two to one merge lanes that join around 1/8 mark. Other than that i am pretty much a slow poke on cruise.

Granted i mostly drive a 4 cyl Ford Ranger so when i do take the Ram for a drive i like to just cruise but if i am at the front line of a merge lane and the other lane needs to merge to mine then i will make a hole shot out of it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
i've done it but im not proud of it

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ive read and heard a lot of BS, but never heard the one my cars to fast to race.
My 68 Roadrunner was so fast it would go from day light to dark in 3 hours!
:D

·
1baddak
433 Posts
Yea i read on here where a guy said his car was to powerfull, Its like that old coutry song about never having to much fun or a car to fast.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Yea i read on here where a guy said his car was to powerfull, Its like that old coutry song about never having to much fun or a car to fast.
No matter what they say I've done, I aint never had to much fun.....

·
1,044 Posts
I smoked a volvo the other day :) Silly cars

·
1st. Gen RAM Enthusiast
572 Posts
Yeah, I have raced a few times, just because nobody expects an old Dodge to be fast above 60mph...:cool:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.