DodgeTalk Forum banner

Have you ever ran someone on the street?

• Yes, ive raced on the street.

Votes: 86 84.3%
  • No, ONLY at the track.

Votes: 16 15.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, ive seen thread after thread about guys running people on the street and guys chiming in saying take it to the track. Everyone on this forum is subject to having a passion for there ride. We have countless mods on our cars/trucks to improve handling, horsepower and so forth. I want to know how many people in there lifetime have ran a guy at a stop sign or red light. You can remain anonymous.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
ill say yes but race is a strong word. Just a small show off of power. nothing over 45 I would guess.

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just see it as a topic that so many people on the forums bash guys for talking about it but i want to see the percentage as to who has done it. And i guess unsafe start from stop would be better.. And yes, ive gotten a ticket in Arlington, Tx for "unsafe start from stop".

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
I don't race.....I just get to the speed limit quicker....

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i have...it was dumb and i was lucky nothing happened. that was when i was younger and thought i was invincible

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
If there is knowone to race it's techically exibition of speed, a 3rd category.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would say, I have. Seriously, who hasn't??? I know everyone has done it at least once. Maybe not to by showing of power, or my truck is better than yours, but to maybe accelerate quicker to get ahead of a guy on a highway onramp??

Plus I don't know about you guys, and by all means I'm not bashing (I'm actually looking at buying a new 09 or 10 Ram 1500), but around here in CO and in TX (from the short time I was there), it seems like every single Hemi Ram I pull up next to, ALWAYS wants to "race" me. Which of course I do. I'd love to see some of Nissan technology make it into a ram!

·
Registered
319 Posts
i race people all of the time. i do it safely. i know what my truck can and cant do. and i wont do in heavy traffic or on wet roads. but that speedometer goes past 100 for a reason!

·
No Rest for the Wicked
676 Posts
I like to so called "race", I would really like to get to a track and race a actual line an not worry about cops. I will not do it in heavy traffic or neighbor hood areas with kids! More or less its just a roll up on another person an get them to bite more or less. I live by a old drive in dinner called "Winks" an every Friday and Saturday usually there's a bunch of old muscle cars and what not up there. I tend to hang around and nip at the hot rods for fun just to play.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I do/did. I am now pushing myself to resist the urge to punch it though, too many times I have heard of stories, blah, blah, blah.

I felt terrible when I hit a cat and I don't like cats too much. I could not conceive how I would feel if I hit someone or cause a fatal accident.

I however will not preach to anyone about it. It didn't work on me, and everyone needs to find out on their own how to come to their own decision on this subject one way or another. That way it means more to that person.

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
I do/did. I am now pushing myself to resist the urge to punch it though, too many times I have heard of stories, blah, blah, blah.

I felt terrible when I hit a cat and I don't like cats too much. I could not conceive how I would feel if I hit someone or cause a fatal accident.

I however will not preach to anyone about it. It didn't work on me, and everyone needs to find out on their own how to come to their own decision on this subject one way or another. That way it means more to that person.
damn bro havent seen you around in a while

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
The nearest drag strip is 90 miles away. On Wednesday nights, and the weekends, some people venture out to the track. For the most part though, if you have a fast car in central CT, you are running it on the street more than the track.

I've only putzed around on the street, as I don't really have anything fast enough to "race". My friend has a Monte Carlo that I race at the track. I've run it on the street a few times, but not against anyone. Holeshots on a sleepy road. Launches, and evaluating the traction/ contact patch.

·
Hayden
1,835 Posts
i always am racing on the street not because i go out looking to but punks pull up in their rice POS and i run em but i do believe there are street warriors (cars that smoke everything on the street but cant do it at a legit track) and there are also monsterous drag cars but to each his own and i do either one so im not bashing either side

·
Registered
755 Posts
I used to when I had my solstice and my srt-10 but with the 4.7 QC there's really not much use, lol. It's a pig. But, when I take my fiance's car (Grand Prix GTP) I tend to go out at lunch and find trouble around town or on my way home from work. I did lose a friend this spring to racing on his bike but going 150mph on his bike coming up to a curve wasn't the smartest thing anyone's ever done. Keep within your limits and don't do it stupidly and I think it's okay. There are people that take it too far though as with anything.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
ive raced people off the light but i only take it up to or just past the speed limit

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ain't gonna lie. I've been guilty of it a couple times. But only in the "right" situations (I know, I know). Gotta be long road (no blind turns), no traffic, etc (and above all, NO COPS, lol). I resist the urge now that I'm older but I won't be above teaching a lesson or two if need be.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i do it, not alot but then again i dont have alot of time to hang out or cruise cause of work, but i try and keep it near the speed limit, if its close the highway is always real close so i just take it there if need be.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Back many years ago when I was much younger (by 5 years) a Hayabusa tried to blow by me in my Viper. Back then it was only a little over 600 rwHP. I was stopped and he was flying in the other lane. He got 1 car length ahead of me, then it was evensteven, then by 80 mph I was a car length ahead of him and increasing my lead.

Obviously, this was on a closed course...

I haven't street raced since then and that was the first time in years I did any street racing.

The Viper now is too powerful and even scared Kevin of Underground Racing, who built it. He said it is the fasterst supercharged Viper he's ever driven.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
thats a good of a reason as any not to race it. too fast.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts

I'm not here to lecture or anything, but it sort of IS everyone elses business if people are street racing. I'd rather not be the guy that gets hit by someone racing 100 mph in a 40.

But! The worst I've done is floor it up to the speed limit (maybe a little over) when I have a clear view of the road and all cross roads on a perfect weather day. The tickets for street racing add up quick, and you're not likely to have the cop's sympathy for the next 10 years every time you get pulled over. Stack on all the illegal/questionable legality mods and you could get popped for over $1k in tickets if you're not careful.

90% of the people that street race from red lights aren't good drivers, and 90% of the people that are good drivers don't race from red lights. If you've ever been at fault in an accident, you're not a good driver, despite what you might think. Up until last week when some 85 year old lady pulled out in front of me while I was doing 50 (the speed limit) I've even avoided situations that should have been wrecks. Once I actually fishtailed and spun 270 degrees from 60 mph and ended up about 3 feet from the water barrels at an on-ramp avoiding a dumbass old lady. Not a hair on anybodies head was hurt, but 90% of people would have ended her life.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.