DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Nice car........ I always have liked that body style......

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
Welcome to DT.

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

How long do you get the midnight sun this time of year?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today, our great national summer holiday, Midsummer - Juhannus!
Sunrise in a hour, 3:53 am, sunset 10:52 pm

Pounder's turning the Stratus wheels towards the countryside. Time to lit the bonfires, bbq bigtime, go to sauna, drink a barrel of beer and some bottles of booze, perhaps jump into a lake. My steed shall remain parked. :D
Too many of us stay there at the bottom of the lake this year too, one does not need to be a fortune teller to know this... Well, stupidity shouldn't be pitied, I suppose.

Well, here on our south coast the sun does set, but in the north of the country, the Lappland region, there the sun does not completely set at all, part of it stays above horizon all the time.
Here in the "south", say, the capital region, Baltic sea coast, the sun shines max 20 hours a day in June. And in December, it shines little more than 5 hours...
And in comparison, up in the north, in the dead of winter, the sun does not rise above the horizon at all in the middle of "kaamos", the long dark period of a year.
Stratus headlights could be a bit better, I think - even though I like the design... :)
Additional long range lights may be a must with this car.
Funny fact also is that we have to drive with headlights on here, 24 hours a day. This time of year that sounds and feels absolutely idiotic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.