Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2000 dodge stratus v6 engine. I just had the spark plugs, wires and distributor cap, and rotor replaced and the seals on the spark plug tub. Because it was jerking really badly. The next morning it didn't want to stay running and once It finally leveled it would stumble on acceleration. Does any one have any ideals? thanks alot. :)

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
How does it run once you get rolling?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This car is driving me crazy. Every morning I crank it up it stumbles and want to cut off. If you put her in drive she shuts off. But crank right up and has a ruff idle. And after it warms up it runs fine. What could possibly be the problem. We checked all the vacuum lines and wires. Nothing, I took it back to the mechanic and the car" ran fine" No nothing. Can someone please help. :WHT: :help:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope someone can help me, well this morning after about two weeks of the problem my car has finally stop cranking. I would have to let it warm up for at least 10 minutes before it would run without stalling. It acts as if it wants to crank but it just rotate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hmm...I'm sure your mechanic checked the alternator voltage. The Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) in these cars is a P.I.T.A. I'd make sure that is checked out as well. The only other things I can think of are the MAP sensor going out on the top of the intake plenum. Not very common though.
Does your speedo or tac jump around at all during stumbling? I forgot to connect my main ground to the firewall once and the car ran like total crap. Stumbled, hesitated, stalled...the works. That's the braided wire from the intake plenum to the firewall.
Wish I knew what else to check. Hopefully you find it quick.

Assuming it's a 3.0 v6? I know nothing about the 2.7's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.