DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Thank you...drive thru
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday, at the exact spot on my drive to work, my truck stalls. It takes about 5 to 10 seconds of cranking before it turns over. It's about 20 minutes into my drive and it happens while decelerating. It happens at the EXACT same place and only happens once. Any ideas? I'm not the most mechanically inclined person so I can't think of anything obvious. Thanks

· Ramman
1,598 Posts
what year, and engine?

up hill or down hill?

do you live in New Mexico? Lots of alien activity there, in NM> :)

· Thank you...drive thru
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very little alien activity in Oregon

5.7, flat trip, not drinking.

· Clinically Certified
736 Posts
Might look to see if there are any microwave towers in the immediate vacinity. I have had experience with that problem before. Something to do with high power microwave transmission signals can mometarily kill the on-board computer. Been told that high power electrical lines can do the same...but doubt it. If you do have microwave towers, then try driving at a different time and see if it occurs again. Sometimes businesses use those towers to send lots of data in microwave form at specific times of the day. Just a thought

· Thank you...drive thru
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least...

you made it out.

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
It's a struggle, but you gotta get used to it. You turn LEFT at the squid monster.. not right. That's the fatal mistake people usually make. Gets a little hairy around the ghost ship, but just drive straight through the methane bubbles and you'll be home free.

~Dodge Guy~

1,971 Posts
Does it do it every time you drive for 20 mins or so and then you slow down or just on your way too work?

· Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
That's something that I never heard of happening to anybody else's vehicle... I'll keep that in mind for sure.

· Raming it since 2004
102 Posts
At least you know when your truck is going to stall and can prepare for it. Thats really strange though. My old dodge would only start having problems at night. But it was not at the same time and place each time.

· Registered
178 Posts
Probably a tower. My brother had this happening to him in his stang. If you have time to waste go to that spot on a day off around the same time and just watch and see if it happens to someone else. If it is a particular frequency it may only affect certain makes, models, or even years[again the bro's stang].

He never did like my bermuda trianglish theory. I told him it was just a hot spot for aliens interested in picking up cows for a night out and some probing, and told him to look into it on www.match.alien.cow .

· Thank you...drive thru
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No probs the last couple days.

I'm wondering if it could have been the fuel and I burned through the tank so the problem went away.

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
waldershrek said:
go a different way to work?
Agree, take a different way.

I work with RF, enough RF to fry electronics, I can 99% say it's a tower and you can drive a different route and make it.

The other tought is that one of the engine management sensors is fouled by RF, not so much the PCM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.