DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 07 model Dodge Ram QC. It has the 4.7L and is 2 wheel drive. My question is this: everytime I shift my truck into reverse it makes an odd grinding sound. I had it checked out at 2 different Dodge dealerships and they both told me this sound was normal. Can anyone out there verify this for me? If not what is going on with my truck? Thanks for the help guys

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
My '03 makes a noise -- sounds to me like a motor turning a valve. One of the guys I work with has the same thing. It's very faint. The only reason I noticed it was I had just changed the tranny fluid and I was super-sensitive to new noises. Mine does it when changing from drive to reverse and vice-versa. I think it probably is normal. Now, if yours is more than faint, it might not be as benign as I believe mine to be.

· Registered
448 Posts
MY 07 does the same thing. I asked the dealership about it and they said its the brakes making the noise.

· Hosing them down
524 Posts
My 03 does it from park to a gear & from drive to reverse. Never had any problems.

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
castro25 said:
MY 07 does the same thing. I asked the dealership about it and they said its the brakes making the noise.
Right....... Can I interest you in some ocean-front property in Wyoming?
Show 'em they have no idea by shifting without the brakes.

· Tank Mech
3,911 Posts
There have been a LOT of threads with this very question asked before. If it can be described as a ticking, clicking, or buzzing, it's the solenoids shifting the tranny.

Grinding? That might be a different matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.