DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
jhfrance
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to straight pipe my 6 spd CTD in NC. Anyone ever encounter any resistance from the local authorities? I hear the fine is pretty hefty for dropping your cat. Dont wanna drop a grand for getting caught. I'm sure I can find a shady inspection station that will pass my truck every year, i'm just worried about getting pinched. Any words of advice? Thanks :gr_patrio

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm in NC also. Can't really answer your question though. I would assume that any state that requires an inspection would require a cat.

The place you would get caught though is the inspection place.

In Florida at the inspection station there was no chance. You got sensors up your pipes and mirrors under the vehicle.

Here in NC though.... I know several of those same inspection places you do so, my guess would be it's not something to be real worried about.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How about just removing the muffler, then installing a muffler delete pipe. It sounds great almost like its straight piped. The benefits are its alot lets noisy in the cab if you just use a muffler delete pipe. And if you ever encounter any authorities just get a new muffler, which doesn't cost too much... Im sure that the inspeciton stations are worried more about the CAT then the muffler. All the muffler does it quiet things down, really nothing to do with emissions.

Carlos J.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm thinking about loosing the muffler on my truck. Does anyone know if it will take the truck longer to come to temp. with less back pressure. Not sure if I want longer warm ups but I do want more sound. Thanks......

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ram4477 said:
I'm thinking about loosing the muffler on my truck. Does anyone know if it will take the truck longer to come to temp. with less back pressure. Not sure if I want longer warm ups but I do want more sound. Thanks......

I have never really worried or thought about that, but I would have to say "NO". The CAT is the most restrictive part of the exhaust, which in turn probably gives the most back pressure. So if you take off the muffler, you should be just fine when it comes to warm ups...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.