DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone just cut off the muffler and run a turndown? I just did on my Durango and it sounds amazing. Just wondering if anyone else did it and how they like it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ihave done that to my durango its a 4.7 and i like it i get compliments all the time

·
Registered
64 Posts
I herd that you not sospouse to have the pipe end anywhere under a cab? So if its a SUV you need to all the way back, I guss theres a chance exaust would find its way into the cab. That really dosnt bother me, but i have a baby in there so I didnt want to chance it. So i jsut went 3" all the way back. (headers back :p)

But, the 5.9l engin alone sounds really good when turned of after a good flowmaster of magnaflow. I had it turned down on my old Ram4x4. It sounds freacking sweet!

Even with the 3" out the back on my Durango, I get complaments, I love it when i go roaring past one of thease pansys in Cal driveing there 2wd fullsize lifted 9 inches!

·
Registered
36 Posts
yea, in nj your not suppose to have it underneath passengers, so technically it would have to be pretty much all the way back. i run a cutout on mine and i get compliments on it all the time also. sounds badass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cut off muffler

I cut my pipe off just about 6 inches after the cat on my 98. I like my cars loud and louder. I live in sd california and the laws out here are strict. I still have it the same even after a couple of tickets for noise violations. :thatfunny

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
dumped exhaust is too loud.

i had a 5.0 with no cats that was dumped, way too loud but sounded mean.

'64 caddy with the exhaust dumped basically at the driver's door (had a flowmaster on it). way way too loud. you could see my neighbors windows rattle when it idled in the street. lol

my durango lasted 2 days with a dumped bullet muffler (same kind i have on now). i could barely stand to drive the damn thing. now that i've got pipe going out the back, i love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.