DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 Grand Caravan that has the roof rack cross members stored on the rails. They aren't out. When I drive on the highway below 110km they are quiet, but if I get up to 120+ when I pass someone they are extremely noisy, so they must be vibrating. Its a very loud hum/buzz. I think they are installed correctly and are screwed down tight. Where they point toward the middle of the roof, they have quite an air pocket which is likely catching the wind and lifting them so they vibrate.
I did search the forum and google, but I couldn't find and references to this issue.
Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution you could share on how to stop the vibration/noise.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrap a rope around part of it to change the shape , maybe a pool noodle would also do the trick.
Thanks for the suggestion Vern14, however the cross pieces are stowed. They actually screw down to the rail that is attached to the roof and are not side to side. Unfortunately there is no gap to put a rope around them. The noise happens when they are stowed. This video may help with how they look when stowed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been trying to find some stick on thin rubber sheets, and I think a bicycle tube would be the perfect size. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts