DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not find any pictures for a Durango anywhere so I gave it a try. I made a pattern using cardboard first then transferred it to some half inch OSB. I had the OSB sitting hear for a few years so it was already paid for. Once I have the platform the way I want it I will get some 3/4 inch plywood for better weight support. Eventually I want to hold the wife and I in case she decides she does not like a tent in the middle of the night. This is a two piece setup so I can keep using the middle seats if I choose. I still prefer a tent but this can make it a little more tolerable if the weather gets bad. I also have a hitch carrier to put a 3200W generator to run a heater or whatever else I may need with in reason. Mainly comfort for the wife since she has never been camping before. I believe with a little more bracing I can use it for one person to sleep on, two would be pushing it though. Sleeping under it with the second piece above the middle seats removed would definitely be doable. Depending on how it goes I may just keep this one and just brace it more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I'd like to see the finished product... :) :tup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Work in progress, hopefully I can get to at least a semi-finished product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.