DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading in the threads about removing the Silencer to the Turbo and the Baffles in the torque tube.
This morning I desided to do this once I removed the torque tube I saw the perforated looking Baffles inside, but I could not see any way to take them out without breaking somthing. I also could not find anything in front of the turbo itake to remove. can some one clue me in?? I don't want to break anything! :help:

· Dodgezilla
5,703 Posts
It helps if you tell us what you're driving.. Fill in your signature.

I cut mine out with a hacksaw but some here have figured out a way to disassemble it and then put it back together once they remove the baffles.

· Registered
441 Posts
I cut mine with a hacksaw like Got Diesel did. Just take the blade off the hacksaw, slip the blade through the tube, then reconnect it on the saw and cut them out. If you disassemble it to remove them, you will have to glue it back together.
You didnt say what year truck youre driving, but if its a 3rd Gen, here is a link to a pic with and without the silencer ring http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/FAQ/turbo_faq.htm

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for not mentioning my Truck, I have a 2003, 3500 4x4. the link was perfect I will try and get the snap ring out and use the hack saw.

Thanks

· Dodgezilla
5,703 Posts
You'ld be better off going to genosgarage.com and buying their stainless steel replacement tube which is a direct replacement. Once you remove those baffles I'm sure more air can get through the stock tube but you still have those rings around the inside that have got to cause turbulence. I did the mod myself to save a few bucks but eventually I just made my own intake.....

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you make your own torque tube?
I removed the baffles and the silencer ring this morning. Thanks for all the good info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.