DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if either XM or sirius radio will work with the stock indash 6 disc changer infinity system? Not the navigation one.

Also do any aftermarket head units interface with the factory steering wheel controls ?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Our trucks have a hook up for a factory sirius tuner/antenna. If you want XM you need to use either an FM modulator for sound or a buy this special aux input adapter. It lets you hook up outside sources to your factory deck to playback through it. I have the infinity setup with single disc/cassete, I dont see why the 6 disc version won't use sirius as well. You should have a mode button on the deck.

That allows you to switch between am/fm/cd and your aux source. For the latter question, the answer is no. There are no aftermarket decks that hook up directly to the factory steering wheel controls. You need another adapter for that as well. But its faily affordable at $70 or so and lets you retain the use fo your steering wheel controls.

KB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KB112 said:
Our trucks have a hook up for a factory sirius tuner/antenna. If you want XM you need to use either an FM modulator for sound or a buy this special aux input adapter. It lets you hook up outside sources to your factory deck to playback through it. I have the infinity setup with single disc/cassete, I dont see why the 6 disc version won't use sirius as well. You should have a mode button on the deck.

That allows you to switch between am/fm/cd and your aux source. For the latter question, the answer is no. There are no aftermarket decks that hook up directly to the factory steering wheel controls. You need another adapter for that as well. But its faily affordable at $70 or so and lets you retain the use fo your steering wheel controls.

KB

With the sirius would the radio info be displayed on the factory deck? or does it have the little extra display box? I would like to have no extra boxes cluttering up the cab.

I suppose another option would be to upgrade to the nav radio and go siriums that way . Would there be any issues this way and would it be a straight forward replacement? Also what isthe cost of the nav radio and how does the nav work? CD? etc ?

Sorry for teh questions still learning about my new Ram

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I know these questions have been answered a bunch of times already. But I don't remember all the answers :D Sorry Bro. But I do know that we have two nav radios one is the RB1, other is the RB4. RB1 is dvd based, RB4 is cd based. The 1 lets you display maps and so forth, the 4 only shows directions.

I wanna say they both display the artist/title info etc on the screen but I am not 100% certain. As for all the rest of the details try a search in the forums here. Also check the audio/video forum as well.

KB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.