Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had my truck since it was new in 2005. I had the stock exhaust on it of course when I bought it. I ran it with a Flowmaster series 50 on it for years, but decided that I wanted to go with something that was quieter. So I went with the Magnaflow 12289 muffler. It really wasn't any quieter than the Flowmaster.

I'm looking for something that is basically like the stock exhaust. I want no drone and little to no exhaust sound in the cab of the truck. Pulling a trailer down the interstate is giving me a headache. I just want to hear my tires as I go down the road. Is there a muffler that does this? I may just need to go get a stock muffler from Dodge, but wanted to ask here.

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
240 views but no responses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Tape On
829 Posts
I have Borla system and used a 3 way y connector to join the left and right into one, like to original only better flowing.

Sounds great, no droning. Every car guy that rides in my truck all ways comments on how nice the sound is. Not over bearing at all.

It's quiet at idle and at cruse. Take off give it some sound, but quiets down.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
^x2 on Borla. Only comment's on how good it sounds when I mash the pedal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
check walker exhaust they make oem mufflers but with a nicer sound. Cheap and really only brand i know that comes with all the factory mounts in place since it designed to same specs as oem. also if you removed the resonators that makes a difference and would have to put one back in. in my case im running a 14" borla pro xs and also a 10" banks turbine resonator in place of the front resonator on my 06 i think it is perfect still get the borla sound with almost no cab noise and def no drone

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,355 Posts
I suggest you keep the Magnaflow, and have an exhaust branch resonator added to your truck. I did a how-to a couple years ago, as my truck had a 1900 rpm drone I really didn't like with the Magnaflow. With the branch resonator, it's very nice at 1900 rpm now.

[edit] link to how-to: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389513

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.