DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched on here and all of the plus size tire threads are referring to all terrains or mud terrains.

I'm looking for someone who's put wider tires on the stock 20s in a street tread. I don't want some drag racer tires or anything, but like the idea of a little more meat under the truck.

I was thinking about leveling it in the back and running a wider tire but want some pics.

Thanks!

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
I, and several others, run 305/50/R20's. They are wide! Standby for pics.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Here's one, they are Nitto's

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
waitin on pics! How tall is that tire? how can you calculate tire height?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah! Thats sweet looking. Do you have a shot straight on from the back?

Thanks! Now I'll search that tire size and see what comes up!

·
Registered
31,151 Posts

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
Sweet! Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,i am looking to put mickey tompsons Lt305-55-20s or cooper zeon ltz on my 2004 ram with sock 20's on it.Can anyone tell me if the mickey tompsons at that size will rub with no lift kit.Or the zeon Ltz at the stock size 275-60-20's what tire is better for all year round all conditions.Does anyone know if the mickey tompsons past the fender from looking at the truck from the back or wheel well.THANKS

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
am getting kuhmo 305/50/20 tomorrow. i will get some pics up for you tomorrow i have the stock 08 rims on stock height.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
I think I do, will look in the AM when I get to work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those tires and your truck look great do they stick out past the fender at all i cant see that in the pics and does the truck ride header over bumps with the lower tire :rck:.THANKS for the pics

·
K-State fan
619 Posts
If they stick out any, it is very little. It does throw more dirt/mud/snow up onto the side of the truck, so I guess they do stick out a little.

They're actually about as tall as the 275/55s I had on before, and they don't feel like they ride any worse or better. Even though they have a more aggressive tread than all-terrain tires, they handle very well due to the width.

These tires are very heavy though, definitely makes rotating the tires a little more difficult.

·
K-State fan
619 Posts
Do You Have Any Rubbing With The Wider Tire Or Everything Is Good And How Are They In The Snow.do You Like Them Better Then The 275-60-20s:spin:
No rubbing at all! They fit perfect. I did add 2.5" coil spacers, but it never rubbed before the spacers.

As for in the snow...AWESOME! These are light years better than my previous tires: Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. There is some road noise but nothing too noticeable...my wife doesn't even complain about it. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.