Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My wife and I were doing some cruising tonight and found an old empty 2 lane and did an unoffcial 0-60 test with the stopwatch on her cell phone. I got about 7.7sec. Does that seem about right for the rest of you all.

If it seems a bit slow here are a few reasons. It is perfectly stock drivetrain as well as motor, which only has about 3600 miles on it. 3.92 gears. There was a bit of ice and sand on the road. I also didnt power break any, just took my foot of the break and hammered on the gas. The truck also had a bit of a load in it, we had just got done shopping. So, how did it hold up against the rest of you all.

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
There was a thread a few weeks ago and every one was tring to guess the 0-60 times of a stock truck. Most said it would be around eight seconds but a few thought that was too low.

:)

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
My 07 is stock, 20" rims, 3.92 gears, HEMI. I was averaging about 6.2 seconds for 0-60, and these were with bad launches, I dont have LSD, so keeping my rear hooked up is sometimes a challenge. I did a couple 0-60 runs in 4 wheel drive, and about broke my neck! Torquey SOB lol

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
My 08 is stock, 20" rims, 3.92 gears, HEMI. I was averaging about 6.2 seconds for 0-60, and these were with bad launches, I dont have LSD, so keeping my rear hooked up is sometimes a challenge. I did a couple 0-60 runs in 4 wheel drive, and about broke my neck! Torquey SOB lol
Man, don't ever sell that truck it's a freak. :cheerl:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Hi all.

My wife and I were doing some cruising tonight and found an old empty 2 lane and did an unoffcial 0-60 test with the stopwatch on her cell phone. I got about 7.7sec. Does that seem about right for the rest of you all.

If it seems a bit slow here are a few reasons. It is perfectly stock drivetrain as well as motor, which only has about 3600 miles on it. 3.92 gears. There was a bit of ice and sand on the road. I also didnt power break any, just took my foot of the break and hammered on the gas. The truck also had a bit of a load in it, we had just got done shopping. So, how did it hold up against the rest of you all.
You got a kool Wife and a good running truck. :)

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
Man, don't ever sell that truck it's a freak. :cheerl:
Yeah, Its a freak alright, 2nd owner, and a Chrysler loophole gave me the unlimited powertrain warranty, its seems quicker than the others, and gets 16 MPG average. Im not easy on the gas pedal either. I love my ram lol Ill have to get some video of my 0-60 posted here once i get some dry pavement.

Oh, I meant 07, not 08 :)

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any other times? They dont have to be stock trucks, I just want to know how it is holding up against other trucks that have a few mods.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
My scangauge has recorded a 5.3 second run for mine 0-60, but not sure I trust that number completely. 5.5 seconds is probably closer to correct. The reason its so slow is the damn truck weighs slightly less than a Bradley fighting vehicle at 5550 pounds.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
my best is 7.002 per edge evolution...tires were spinning a bit because i have an open diff too. 1/4 was 15.1 @ 92

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Any other times? They dont have to be stock trucks, I just want to know how it is holding up against other trucks that have a few mods.
I think the factory has a built in thing that does not let the truck open up, till you have a certain amount of miles on it, I forget what it is though, maybe 5000.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
I'm pulling around 7.5 on 35's with a shell on the back.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My 07 is stock, 20" rims, 3.92 gears, HEMI. I was averaging about 6.2 seconds for 0-60, and these were with bad launches, I dont have LSD, so keeping my rear hooked up is sometimes a challenge. I did a couple 0-60 runs in 4 wheel drive, and about broke my neck! Torquey SOB lol
That is fast! What do ya run in a 1/4 mile?

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the factory has a built in thing that does not let the truck open up, till you have a certain amount of miles on it, I forget what it is though, maybe 5000.
So I might get another tenth when I get another few thousend on her. Cool:)

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I believe you are correct. I was reading a thread about just this topic last week and there is a set number of miles the truck has to go before it is out of the "break in" period.

Also, I am pretty close to stock and my times are in my sig.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
So I might get another tenth when I get another few thousend on her. Cool:)
Yeah, maybe more, it also loosens up on the torque control management (TCM), and then your problem will be losing time due to tire spin.
:drivingz:

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
mine does 6.2-3 and i have a 260, 456, DTT, LT headers, cortex, cutout...how come mine is slow when i was stock i used to do 9 sec...

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
mine does 6.2-3 and i have a 260, 456, DTT, LT headers, cortex, cutout...how come mine is slow when i was stock i used to do 9 sec...
What are you using for a CAI?

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
Traction problems maybe? Are you spinning at launch?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.