DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 06 2 wheel drive quad Hemi. While checking out at the dealership I had them undercoat the bad boy. I dont know, but I expect that is why I cant roll my windows down because of the odor. It smells like propane or something. I can only smell it while driving not when standing still. This has been going on for 3 months and the dealer has no clue why this is happening (figure that). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I cant look under it right now because I am in Afghanistan so it is all on my wife.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
I sell propane, and propane accessories tell you what

no seriously, tell them to fix it or you want a new truck

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
skullram said:
I recently bought a new 06 2 wheel drive quad Hemi. While checking out at the dealership I had them undercoat the bad boy. I dont know, but I expect that is why I cant roll my windows down because of the odor. It smells like propane or something. I can only smell it while driving not when standing still. This has been going on for 3 months and the dealer has no clue why this is happening (figure that). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I cant look under it right now because I am in Afghanistan so it is all on my wife.

Thanks
Mike
First of all welcome to DodgeTalk. I find it hard to believe it's the undercoating causing the problem after 3 months. If any coating was on the exhaust it would have been burnt off by now. Because you can smell it while driving and not at idle I'm more inclined to believe it may be the A/C that's malfunctioning. You may be smelling A/C gas coming through the vents. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have Wifey to take it back to Dodge with a written letter from you. Tell her to ask for the Service Manager. The advisors are only allowed to do what can be done in least amount of time and most money. Be prepared to leave it till they get it fixed. Is this the dealership where you bought the truck? If so get salesman and salesmanager involved. If all this fails get the DCX number and see if they can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.