DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Kaos AD
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty w/ 4;10 gears and stock wheels w/ 265/70/17
Looking to go larger Tire on stock wheels. Purchased the 2-2.5 inch SkyJacker coil leveling kit and need to know how large a tire I can use and what type(always used bfg AT ko) best suited for mostly Hwy,town driving with some hunting fishing roads in south western Wisconsin moved here from So Cal. not knowing what will work best in real winters. Anyone use the Bridgestone AT REVO? Or the Nito at? Lookin for safe winter action on/off road.

· Same Name, Different Game
9,800 Posts
I run 35x12.50's ( http://www.deantires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=272&title=Light+Truck+Tires )on my 2500 with a Kore Recon 3" system and I have been very happy with them. A lot of guys run the Toyo Open Country M/T's ( http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?lpid=18136&name=Open Country M/T®&category=off-road )and have had a lot of luck with them. I think that either a 33x11.50 (same size as the Power Wagon) or a 35x12.50 will work really well with the setup you have. The 4.10 Gears should also give you some more low end than the 3.73's that I'm currently running on my truck.

· Kaos AD
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i appreciate the response. Still wondering about the (RUB?) issues? and the drive ability in snow ,ice conditions as I'm a desert rat out of my element. (Bridgestone at revo), (BFG AT KO ), Nitto, others that live in snow could recommend? And at what point would I lose fuel mileage as the dealer said a larger tire would improve it if I don't go too tall? Also 285/70/17 verses 33,35/12.5/17 ect does it matter?

· Same Name, Different Game
9,800 Posts
With my 35x12.50's I have minor rubbing on the control arms at full lock. My friend has a 2500 on stock suspension with 33x11.50's and no rubbing at all. With a taller tire you are going to be running lower RPM's on the highway, so your mileage should improve a little, but you may loose a little in town with turning them, so I think it's a wash. I get about 12mpg in town with my setup. I don't know much about the tires you mentioned, but we got almost 2 feet of fresh snow at hunting camp the other day, and my tires did great. I know some folks with the Toyo's I mentioned, and they are a snow/mud/ice machine, and they tow well as well.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts

· Kaos AD
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey ggranant,,,,you da man!!!! Thanks for the info!
Darren

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
projnostic said:
Hey ggranant,,,,you da man!!!! Thanks for the info!
Darren
Glad I could help. I will most likely buy these tires once mine wear out, but who knows what what new tires will be available at that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.