DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, guy's I'm back..... i have a 89 W350 with a 360 :thatfunny And i am still gettin bad gas mileage and it will back fire when i let off the pedal around 55-60 and sometimes when she's cold around 45. And now that I've changed the plugs&wires,O2 sensor,PCV,oil and filter,TB temp sensor,cap&rotor,fuel filter,and coolant sensor,oh and i just put a new coil on it this afternoon it still does the backfire and has the smelly exhaust.It still smokes when she cranks up (black smoke) and of course when i get on it to blow everything out which i think is norm. But the exhaust smells extremely like straight gas and it feels moist,even when it's idling a little bit of smoke comes out both pipes.. And it has a new computer on it (dated 2001).... The injectors are spraying pretty decent no big drops just spray.. Also i ran the codes and it throws off the TB temp sensor is below voltage / the voltage is to high Code 23.. But i changed it any help there either???? And with everything i changed that you guys told me too what else could it be??? HELP
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take a look at this article and see if may apply to your engine. This may or may not apply to the non magnum engines.

Go to krcperformance_com and look under camshaft timing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another thing you can do is check your ignition timing. It is sounding like to me the vacum advance is bouncing. If you have vacum advance hooked up, remove and plug the vacum line an test drive it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i don't have a vacum advance on it.. But i'm going to do the timing tonight.. Will the speed sensor play a role in this? Because it's broken, and also what about the fuel pressure regulator because i read that it will give you problems of rich/lean mixtures.. But i mean this thing is really really runnin rich (burns my nose to smell the exhaust) and now the engine will die sometimes when coming to a dead stop like at a traffic light.. ?? keep it coming !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.