DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 power wagon with infinity stereo and navigation. Was wondering if many have had any issue with this HU. Don't want to change it out yet, but seems that the sound quality goes in and out, like its being muffled. Any one else had this problem?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
My sound problem was the speakers; once I replaced the speakers, it sounded a ton better.

:)

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
We really dont see a lot of issues with OEM HUs. Most guys replacement them because they want more features and flexibility out of it and nothing can give it but something after market.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I remembered late last night that there was problem on some trucks with the wiring to the speakers; so a hint was put together to check your truck.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
**HINT FOR AN EASY WAY TO FIND THE CORRECT POLARITY ON A SPEAKER**

Using a 9V battery and touch the speaker inputs. If the speaker pushes outward the positive on the battery is the positive on the speaker. If the speaker sucks in then the positive on the battery is the negative side on the speaker; if that makes any sense.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I remembered late last night that there was problem on some trucks with the wiring to the speakers; so a hint was put together to check your truck.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
**HINT FOR AN EASY WAY TO FIND THE CORRECT POLARITY ON A SPEAKER**

Using a 9V battery and touch the speaker inputs. If the speaker pushes outward the positive on the battery is the positive on the speaker. If the speaker sucks in then the positive on the battery is the negative side on the speaker; if that makes any sense.

Agreed, thats how I check mine but make sure you just touch the battery to the terminals and not hold it there.

·
~TYLER~
2,389 Posts
why would it be a 9v battery why can't you use the 12v battery that's handy in the car already

·
Registered
657 Posts
easier to use a AA or AAA less voltage so you dont damage the speakers as they pop

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
why would it be a 9v battery why can't you use the 12v battery that's handy in the car already
The lower voltage, as well as, the lower amps protects the speakers from being blown-out for the test. After all, you only want the speakers’ cone to move a little while checking the polarity.

:pDT_git:

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
.... OH, and I forgot!

Welcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.