Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have a 2003 hemi qc with the infinity sound system. Im replacing everything as far as stereo goes. Putting in a CarPC. I need to know where you guys are running your wires from the back seat up to the dash and the battery to power the amps. Any pictures or ideas would be great. Also, what harness are you using to bypass the stock infinity amp but use the existing factory speaker wires? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
384 Posts
i ran the wiring for the amp from the battery to the amp through the panel above the driver side tire through a rubber stopper which ended up below ur steering wheel..

goto walmart and look through a book which should be by the speakers on display and look for the barcode that will get u a harness which will snap into the existing factory harness..
be sure and make sure the yar model and make of YOur truck is o nthe back of the wiring harness u buy
http://www.scosche.com/media/pdf/_079_096_harness.pdf

and you will need this.
htthttp://63.134.205.116/scosche_catalog/_001_078_kits.pdf

BTW: BE SURE AND DONT not run your RCA cables and power wire to your amp the same way. this can distort the rca cables sending clear audio to your amp.. run the rcas and power wire under the plastic which unsnaps from the floorboard

·
Registered
478 Posts
I ran my power wire under the cab. If you lift the carpet you will find plugs allowing access through. I fed the wire down along the frame up to the battery. I also grounded my amps to the frame through this same way. The internal speaker wires were run under the carpet. I would remove your seats to make it easy and nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metra makes a harness with 12ft leads, but they are 18ga. Anyone know what the factory wiring is by chance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you hold the wire in place to the frame? Any problems with running it outside the cab? Why not under the carpet, not enough room?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I put the wire in that plastic conduit and strapped it to the frame with wire ties. I ran it outside the cab to keep the power line away from the speaker lines, so i dont get that engine wine in my system. Running it that way was easyier than tring to find a hole on the fire wall to run the wire. For me at least. Good luck

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
I ran my power wire from the battery and then through the firewall under the steering column and then lifted my carpet to run it under the dash to the stereo and under the panels for the door to behind my seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the wires for my brake controller thru the firewall by removing the two screws that hold the cover for the clucth pedal linkge from under the dash and drilling a hole thru it then reinstalling it with a grommet around the wires , I have a automatic so didn't need , after doing it i found out there was an harness for the electric brakes that I could have got that would have plugged in under the dash , as far as the radio goes I used smart plugs which plugged the Sony right in ti the existing wiring

·
I pickle they.
737 Posts
T'Horn said:
I got the wires for my brake controller thru the firewall by removing the two screws that hold the cover for the clucth pedal linkge from under the dash and drilling a hole thru it then reinstalling it with a grommet around the wires , I have a automatic so didn't need ,
So that's what that awesome cover is for... that's what I've used with my two rams, remove the cover, and drill a hole, and seal the wire with silicone to the cover.

I ran power wire on the drivers side, under the carpet (it's fairly simple, you just have to pop some plastic panels, but once you get the the rear panel where the seat belt is, you'll need a torx bit to unbolt the seat belt bolt to be able to pop that panel). You may not have to pop that panel, and may be able to slide the cable behind it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thaks for the ideas, gotta go and do it now :( lol. Anyone happed to know what guage wire the factory speaker wires are?

·
Registered
129 Posts
als1980 said:
Thaks for the ideas, gotta go and do it now :( lol. Anyone happed to know what guage wire the factory speaker wires are?
factory wires are either 16/18 not very big

·
Registered
53 Posts
speaker wiring

you shouldn't have to run new speaker wires as if you use the smart plugs they will use your existing wiring , it was $40 for the two harnesses at Curcuit City which is a little high I thought but worth the energy running new wires , and it is a factory job when your finished , I seen the harnesses on ebay much cheaper after I already purchased , the part number of the plug from the truck to universal was 80-6502 , from universal to the sony was sy16-80a both numbers are Metra parts good luck what ever you do Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.