·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
10" metal clips???

also what year truck do you have?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Im curious to see what youre talking about also because Ive dont plenty of installs but neve seen any metal clips when it comes to a installing a HU.

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
As requested. This is out of an '06.

Small vertical square holes are the metal clips to get the entire trim bezel off. Getting the head unit out is easy. Four screws and out she comes.

Let me know if you need anything else. When disassembling, I would recommend putting shifter in "1" and pulling from the gage side first. If you have a plastic pry bar, use it near the passenger glove box.

There are 10 and they are metal.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Oh I see now. I wasnt relating that to a stereo install but more of removing a bezel. Still I dont think my 04 has that many.

·
Under Construction
1,013 Posts
Start pulling on the edge next to the gauge bezel and work your way around. That is the best spot I found to pull from, start there and work the bottom next, it is real easy.

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
Thanks ive never instlled a head unit before and I kinda wanted to see what i was getting myself into. This should be helpful thanks again
No problem. I've had mine apart a few times now. Let me know if you need any help. Check my Alpine Mod thread in my sig. My give you some ideas or answers to things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.