DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got 50,000 miles on the original factory 275/60/R20 tires on my truck, and although there is a decent amount of tred left…... I’ve noticed that I’m starting to get some vibrations through the steering wheel at highway speeds (and also it seems to bounce the around a little at speeds under 10mph) , and it wants to pull to the right when I let off of the wheel. I’m assuming that I need to have the tires rebalanced and an alignment done. I understand why the tires need to re rebalanced (as the tires wear, the amount of weight needed to balance them changes because of less rubber on the tires)….but what about the alignment? I’ve never hit anything big, or ran over any curbs…or done anything to “knock” the alignment out. Do the rubber bushings in the a-arms just wear over time, changing the alignment?

What’s the normal interval for tire balancing and wheel alignment? What’s up with the steering wheel bouncing around a little at slow speeds under 10mph? Could I have a broken belt in one of my tires?

Just wondering.

Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
Could be a number of things, but easy to work your way thru them. Check tire pressures/adjust as needed. You could have a broken belt, or just have a tire out of round. When was the last time you rotated the tires? Could help you narrow down the problem. Take it to a trusted mechanic and have them give the front end the once over to see if that eliminates issues. Good luck!

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I just replaced my tires in Dec and I had a problem with vibration at highway speed and at shaking at low speed. I am pretty sure it was a broken belt in the tire. It all disappeared once I replaced them. I have a set of Pro Comp All Terrains on it now

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked all of my tires, and found 2!! that had pretty bad cupping in the middle of the tire. I can't believe those Goodyear HP's are so crummy.....they only have 50,000 miles on them and 2 out of the 4 are trash.

Oh well...time for some new Nitto TG's in 305/55/R20's...... :rck:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.