DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i hoped in my truck, 04 QC Hemi and the steering started to make noise. It sounded like the shaft is squeking at its univeral joints. It only does it when turning or going over a bump. It also does it when the truck is completely stopped. It drives perfectly normal but I think it may have water/ice or road salt making it squeek, its about 12 degrees F in upstate NY right now. It sounds disgusting from inside the cab, not as bad outside. Its definately not the pump and I'm pretty sure the wheel bearings and steering system is fine because she drives perfect and handles the same. Any ideas or expierance??
thanks.

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
could be the rack, where the steering shaft from the steering wheel bolts to the rack. i had a vehicle like that, it make a squeaking noise when turning, removed the shaft from the rack and turned the wheel and the noise is gone. just a thought

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I would need a new steering rack?

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
possibly if that is the noise, i know it is a 13mm bolt that you take out then the shaft just wiggles off the rack then try to make the noise again and if it is gone then you need a rack. or you can just live with the noise, the same truck that i worked on at the dealership is still driving around by the same owner with no repair done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.