DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to throw up some pictures of my 1-ton steering with DT pro fab trac-bar and AGR box. Also, some new shocks that are going on soon!

Attachments

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
WOW!

Nice job....:rck: :gr_patrio

One suggestion: I would roll the bolt/clamps on your axle tie rod adjuster sleeve to the top so they don't become a "snag point"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smart man!!! I'm that tonight! Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
i've been waiting on a few of us to post HD steering conversion results. if you could please cdoldberg, could you tell me if theres any possibility to shorten the drag link adjuster on yours? my conversion went well and straight but my drag link can go no shorter!!! bottomed out. drag link ends touch together in the sleeve. the lift in that case might help on your truck.
good point dsrtdog, noticed that the drag link clamps on mine could potentially bind on the steering dampener & close to the frame cross member too! watch the close proxcimity of the clamps and bolts!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, yeah I have at least an inch on the inside for adjustment. Remember the 2500 and 3500 did come taller stock. So it might be a problem for stock 1500s doing the conversion. anddddd here is a shot of the truck, just cause I thought she looked beautiful tonight! haha

Attachments

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
glad i have 2"s of 2500 spring lift then! thought it might have been that the 96 axle was shorter than the 98-99 d60? are those FOX shocks to put in?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup! I have new shock towers to go in that convert from stem to eye. I also have reservoir mounts on the way so hopefully they will be in by the end of the week.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
2011 f150 raptor uses them, interesting! those are adjustable too! nice. lets here about them!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'll definitely keep you posted. I want to see the raptor shocks in person. I know they are quadruple internal bypass but I don't know what size they are. My guys are the 2.5" and they are big and beastly. A buddy of mine is going to order his 6.2L Raptor on Monday. It's pretty badass.......for a ford. lol

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
did you get the ballistc fab shock towers? They are on my list.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I did! They require some welding for assembly but the look pretty hearty. I'll post some pics

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Where did you get a AGR box I called when I was trying to get them and they said they didn't do them anymore? Was I talking to a dummy sales man doesn't matter now because I got a red head and love it was just wondering.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I was also liking how good the angles on your steering look. Wish mine were that close to the same just hard when it starts going up.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
One thing I was wondering about the ballistic towers was do you have to weld them when bolted in to make sure everything is lined up or could I take them from the box to a welder?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can take them from the box to the welder. You need to have the tabs on the inside welded in and the seams. Nothing else needs to be welded. I will throw up a pic tonight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are a bunch of pics from the towers. Spots circled in red need to be welded. The tabs need to be welded inside as well as the seams on the outside.

Here us a quote from ballistic on the matter "The tabs in middle of the bracket that actually hold the shock need welded. We also recommend that you weld the seams where the parts if folded together."

Attachments

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
looks really good to me. Think I might have to get a set for myself.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Not bad but wonder why they could not have sent them welded? Probably not a big deal to most but some of us can't weld but I want to learn. I went with the topguncustomz dual mount.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the topguncustomz dual mount support eyelet shocks vs. stud shocks?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.