DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was driving home from a snowmobiling trip and just outta know where thought about all steering slop i have in the truck.even with out the 4k pounds of trailer and sled behind if i hit a decent bumpp the wheel is all over and can be some what of a hand full and a wanderer.with the trailer its just enhanced.could the damper be bad?I also saw a bracket to bolt on at the steering box.has anyone tried this?

·
running on 6 cylinders
543 Posts
the dampener isnt your issue. if your steering is set up correctly a dampener isnt needed.

as far as the bracket thats bolts to your steering box, that isnt going to fix your issue either.
start off by getting underneath the truck and have someone steering wheel back n forth. You should be able to see something moving.
My guess is a trac bar going bad or a bushing in your control arm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take it to an alignment shop. They should be able to pin point the problem. I had a similar problem on my 3500..... and it was the track bar. The bolt holding it in place fell out and the track bar wedged itself into a corner. When I pulled out of the driveway the next morning I had no steering.

Is the truck jacked up with 35" tires or bigger?.....This could also cause excess stress on your steering components creating early failure or slop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.