DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my tires rotated on my 04 Ram last week at NTB on Arapaho in Richardson Tx. Well they over tightened my lug nuts and now my rotors are warped. I asked a number of times to make sure they tightened them to 100ft/lb with a torque wrench.

I called the manager and he said to bring it in and he'd look at it but he had never heard of wheel torque warping rotors. So I guess I'm paying for new rotors. I bought a new torque wrench and just tried to get them loose at 120 ft/lb and they wouldn't budge.

From now on I'll do it myself.

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles and thanks for the "heads up". See if can you search here or google for any and all literature pertaining to over tightening of lugs. That might give you a little elbow room for your arguement.
Good luck!

·
dagoods
99 Posts
Rambob,

Thanks for the tip! I work about a block from them and sure won't be using them. Do you work or live in the area? What does yor truck look like? That way if I see you I can say hey! I drive a 04 Graphite QC with a SRT hood. Work off Glenville.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
dagoods said:
Rambob,

Thanks for the tip! I work about a block from them and sure won't be using them. Do you work or live in the area? What does yor truck look like? That way if I see you I can say hey! I drive a 04 Graphite QC with a SRT hood. Work off Glenville.
Why don't you call them (NTB) and tell them you read about their screwup on another guy's truck and for that reaon you will not do business with them. Mention also his incident is now on the internet for everyone in his area to read.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the support guy's. I live in Sachse and I work at the Ray Olinger power plant at Lake Lavon. My truck is an 04 grey reg cab 2wd. I might take it back by there this evening and see if I can get them to fix it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a ntb screw up my wifes car here in massachusetts , they were putting struts in and ripped the cv boot and left a flashlight jammed in the suspension. they tried to over charge me and i found the boot ripped when i got home. Took the car back a got a free cv joint , but they had trouble putting it in and had the car another 4 hours. I will never ever go to NTB again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
:VHOT: I called the manager and he said to bring it in and he'd look at it but he had never heard of wheel torque warping rotors. :VHOT:
wow so you don't need to nothing about cars and trucks at all to be a manager of a auto place.
wonder if that goes the same anywhere always fancied myself a brain surgeon :thatfunny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.