DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to receive a 3815. Had one before, but things have changed since I had mine. All of the info I find on the latest updates is a bit confusing, can't really find a list of exactly what changed or what everything can be set to now. I know they changed something about the 1-2 shift and something about 2nd prime shift....but can't find anything specific.

I have also heard more than once that people feel like they might have put some of the torque management back in....which doesn't sound like a step in the right direction to me.

So should I stick with what's in it when I get it (assuming it's not been updated fully), or should I just get the latest out and go with it?

·
Banned
508 Posts
jamesnmandy said:
I am about to receive a 3815. Had one before, but things have changed since I had mine. All of the info I find on the latest updates is a bit confusing, can't really find a list of exactly what changed or what everything can be set to now. I know they changed something about the 1-2 shift and something about 2nd prime shift....but can't find anything specific.

I have also heard more than once that people feel like they might have put some of the torque management back in....which doesn't sound like a step in the right direction to me.

So should I stick with what's in it when I get it (assuming it's not been updated fully), or should I just get the latest out and go with it?
enjoy...
http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/index.php

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
viper1 said:

yeah...been there done that...., i see a bunch of vague references to "omg i love the new 1-2 shift...or, thanks so much for fixing the second prime thing..."

there's no list of what was and what is now.....

was looking for people who actually own one and have gone from the old to the new

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I dont own 1 but I know that 2nd prime wont kick in until after 70mph. I think you idle is also raised to about 680rpms. Its not the whole list but at least its something.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEMI450HP said:
I dont own 1 but I know that 2nd prime wont kick in until after 70mph. I think you idle is also raised to about 680rpms. Its not the whole list but at least its something.

thats what i am talking about, as far as what i can tell, they changed 2nd priem to 70 instead of 53

i dont really understand this fully though...does that mean it wont go into second prime above 70...or it WILL drop into second prime up until 70mph.....and which is better, second prime or second

and the idle, i have seen a few people mention a new 700rpm idle, guess i am fine with that....but if i did not want that i would not want to update right?....

i dont know why they dont just have a damn list on their website that shows exactly what the behavior is on each revision of programming :VHOT:

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
You do NOT want to hit 2nd prime. That is the number 1 cause of tranny failure in these 545RFE's. With the new revision, you can go WOT at any speed up to 70mph and it will go straight into 2nd instead of 2nd prime.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEMI450HP said:
You do NOT want to hit 2nd prime. That is the number 1 cause of tranny failure in these 545RFE's. With the new revision, you can go WOT at any speed up to 70mph and it will go straight into 2nd instead of 2nd prime.

i thought second prime would wind the motor out faster...hence faster acceleration when WOT at cruising speed....now i am really confused....i thought the second "second gear" was all the cats meow....

so what you are saying is if i am doing 75 mph and go WOT it may still drop into 2nd prime? or will it be going fast enough at that point to stay in third?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
jamesnmandy said:
so what you are saying is if i am doing 75 mph and go WOT it may still drop into 2nd prime? or will it be going fast enough at that point to stay in third?
My truck goes into 3rd at just over 80mph, so anything below that will kick into 2nd or 2nd prime. With your new download, anything up to 70mph will downshift into 2nd and between 70-80mph it will downshift into 2nd prime...then anything over 80mph will stay in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HEMI450HP said:
My truck goes into 3rd at just over 80mph, so anything below that will kick into 2nd or 2nd prime. With your new download, anything up to 70mph will downshift into 2nd and between 70-80mph it will downshift into 2nd prime...then anything over 80mph will stay in 3rd gear.

ok, so if i were to stand in it from say...30mph...it would go 1-2, then 2-2p, and then only 10mph later it would go 2p-3 at 80mph....??

or is it only if you go from part throttle to WOT between 70 and 80 mph that it will go to 2p instead of 2....??

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
It never upshifts into 2prime, it only downshifts into 2prime.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RubberFrog said:
It never upshifts into 2prime, it only downshifts into 2prime.
so between 70-80 mph it will still downshift into second prime instead of second under WOT, but 2nd if part throttle right?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm glad someone else is slightly confused as well. lol

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
badzdad said:
I'm glad someone else is slightly confused as well. lol
yeah, i love the SC tuner, but their explanation of what it exactly does is way too vague....

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I know that at WOT and over 74 mph, it will downshift to 2 prime. I don't know about partial throttle over 74, but I can't see any reason it would go to 2 instead of 2 prime.

I don't think even superchimps really knows- if they did they would just say it straight out.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so what are all these reports of people not liking the new tune and people saying their shifts feel softer now.....i certainly dont want my shifts softer than they were before....these are the reasons i ask, because if the program in it is better than the new one then i might just see if i can get them to fix the 2nd prime thing to make it 70mph and have the higher idle but leave the torque management alone...

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
jamesnmandy said:
so what are all these reports of people not liking the new tune and people saying their shifts feel softer now.....i certainly dont want my shifts softer than they were before....these are the reasons i ask, because if the program in it is better than the new one then i might just see if i can get them to fix the 2nd prime thing to make it 70mph and have the higher idle but leave the torque management alone...
The shifts feel different using the 001. Instead of that smooth lunge ahead at WOT, the shifts are quicker at WOT in most cases. The 001 made a change to the part of the tune that affects the tranny. It isn't available in the production database. Talking to the programmer, some calibrations initially may process this change differently. In my opinion, those that have the 001 should give it a chance to learn. They may eventually find it to be a superior tune. :)

Sil

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SilsHemi said:
The shifts feel different using the 001. Instead of that smooth lunge ahead at WOT, the shifts are quicker at WOT in most cases. The 001 made a change to the part of the tune that affects the tranny. It isn't available in the production database. Talking to the programmer, some calibrations initially may process this change differently. In my opinion, those that have the 001 should give it a chance to learn. They may eventually find it to be a superior tune. :)

Sil
please expand on the 001 part

will the programmer tell me what's on it when i get it by simply plugging it into the USB port and will i be able to tell which file i am going to load when i download it from flashpaq.com?

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
jamesnmandy said:
please expand on the 001 part

will the programmer tell me what's on it when i get it by simply plugging it into the USB port and will i be able to tell which file i am going to load when i download it from flashpaq.com?
Any special database number starts with 001. The production DB (public) is at 090.

You give the programmer your serial in the fix thread. He'll analyze your specific calibration and then work it from there. When he deploys it, you download the database normally.

Sil

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I have mixed feelings on the 001 DB as of now. Shifts are about the same as DB90. Since 001, my transmission has slipped twice at idle in Park going into Drive but I'm not sure if its DB 001's fault. It's never done that before 001. I know there is a TSB out for that. Also when im doing highway speed 65-70 mph or so and i kick it down the transmission shifts from OD to 5th (I think) then to 2nd gear. It doesn't shift down directly to second gear. There's too many down shifts. Maybe i'm missing something :dunno:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SilsHemi said:
Any special database number starts with 001. The production DB (public) is at 090.

You give the programmer your serial in the fix thread. He'll analyze your specific calibration and then work it from there. When he deploys it, you download the database normally.

Sil
is there any particular reason i should request my own 001 DB as opposed to just updating to the latest public one? i dont see them keeping up with these special "one-off" programs for long, at some point everybody is going to want theirs done special....but i guess its a step closer to custom tunes they havent delivered on yet

as a side note, i cant believe at this point nobody has cracked the SC files and modified them to make their own custom files

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.