DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you ask for I beam or did the kit come with them ?

What heads ?
actualy the rods are H-beam not I-beam and i ordered them separate i didnt buy a kit since i could get the parts cheaper from different suppliers and they had the parts in stock most kits i looked at had like a 2 month backorder

as for the heads they are the eq magnum 194/160 milled 10 thousandths

as soon as i get it done ill let ya know and we can work out that road trip besides there is a guy in toronto that owes me lunch i can drive up and collect

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:postpics:

More pics!!! :D

Ima be keepn my eye on this one too
:popcorn:

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Tkirk...Oz.....I don't know whether to hate y'all, or love y'all. :D

<---envious

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tkirk...Oz.....I don't know whether to hate y'all, or love y'all. :D

<---envious
:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny

thats ok im working up the figures on what i have spent so far ill post it up shortly you might make up your mind when you see that

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ok here is a list of parts ordered so far

eq magnum heads ebay $650.00

eagle cast crank 4" stroke campbell enterprise $295.00

fi airgap intake hughes engines $600.00

piston rings hughes engines $112.00

connecting rods forged hughes engines $345.00

kb forged pistons hughes engines $402.00

harmonic ballancer summit racing $83.00

comp cams cam summit racing $305.00

timeing set summit racing $42.00

rod bearings summit racing $36.00

main bearings summit racing $42.00

edelbrock valve covers summit racing $97.00

full gasket set summit racing $117.00

spare block bored 30 over ebay $150.00

total spent so far $3276.00:bawl::bawl::bawl:

based on the rough calculation of $10.00 per each 1 hp the motor should be in the 325-350 hp range:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
That is not a bad price for everything, could have been worse if you went for Eddy Heads.

Err Ya H Beam :hide:

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Nice to see someone building a 318, looks good so far man.

Which way are you going for the PCM? Custom flash or a SCT?

Will the stock injectors push enough fuel?

Subscribed for information.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice to see someone building a 318, looks good so far man.

Which way are you going for the PCM? Custom flash or a SCT?

Will the stock injectors push enough fuel?

Subscribed for information.
thanks ive always been a fan of the 318 the little engine that could

my plans right now are to go with a custom tune from sct and up grade the injectors to 24# and replace my fuel pump since it has 230k miles on it

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
here are a few more parts that were delivered today im still waiting for my lifters and rocker arms

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
I'm getting flash backs :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm all over that Road Trip sounds good...
So let me understand what is going on here........ (1) Two builds one Canuck (no offense) and one Yank (Buckeye...If you have seen OSU play recently, not only was there no offense, there was no defense). (2) Two other guys with built motors both pushing Procharger blowers also one Canuck and one Buckeye. An offer to meet somewhere in the middle (which reminds me of the lyrics, "clowns to the left of me jokers to the right, here I am caught in the middle with you") by I digress.... coincidence, I don't think so. If this was hockey or soccer it would amount to a "battle of the century". Instead I smell drag race, Yanks vs. Canucks. What do you think boys are we on???

Vote now and here are your choices.

:IDEA: Good idea, I'll get back to you
:crazy: crazy gringo, no way
:rck: Yeah baby lets do it !!!
:gr_patrio hey how come there ain't no GD Canadian flagg....Oh Canada........

So now that I, no doubt, insulted everyone in two countries lets vote.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
I'll say: Good idea, I'll get back to you.

I am currently debating whether to continue or stop while I am ahead. I really want to go 390. But there is still soo much work to do on the truck besides the engine right now.

Over the weekend the metal brake line broke going over the axle. So I am only running front brakes at the moment.

To do this summer...

Ball joints
ALL brake lines all new calipers and rear cylinders. I was unable to loosen any of the bleeder screws.
More body work, the floor work was unexpected. There are a bunch of other holes that need to be repaired.
U joints and maybe a new drive shaft. The transmission shop told me that the drive shaft was cracked.
New tires.

All this = Safety first before a fresh built 390.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
:rck: yeah baby, lets do it.....

I don't offend that easy either...

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Propbably the previous owner. Plus the driveshaft is aluminum so it would not take too much to crack it. The transmission shop when changing my gears noticed that my u-joints were seized. So they tried to free them up. That is when the noticed the crack. I still have to investigate cause I was under the truck and I did not see any cracks. Might be within the yoke. I am hoping it is something that I can get repaired.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
So let me understand what is going on here........ (1) Two builds one Canuck (no offense) and one Yank (Buckeye...If you have seen OSU play recently, not only was there no offense, there was no defense). (2) Two other guys with built motors both pushing Procharger blowers also one Canuck and one Buckeye. An offer to meet somewhere in the middle (which reminds me of the lyrics, "clowns to the left of me jokers to the right, here I am caught in the middle with you") by I digress.... coincidence, I don't think so. If this was hockey or soccer it would amount to a "battle of the century". Instead I smell drag race, Yanks vs. Canucks. What do you think boys are we on???

Vote now and here are your choices.

:IDEA: Good idea, I'll get back to you
:crazy: crazy gringo, no way
:rck: Yeah baby lets do it !!!
:gr_patrio hey how come there ain't no GD Canadian flagg....Oh Canada........

So now that I, no doubt, insulted everyone in two countries lets vote.

Good idea as long as its not too soon. Ill need time to reassemble and debug

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
man, i want to do one of these builds myself now:ylsuper:

it's waaaay too expensive to put new internals on a diesel.....:YO:
if you find a body ill donate the motor for you to start your build as soon as i get it out hopefuly in the next couple weeks if the weather cooperates:D:D:D

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
The valve covers look great but with only 6 bolts holding them down, expect them to leak. Going to run breathers both sides and just pull one when you need to add oil?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The valve covers look great but with only 6 bolts holding them down, expect them to leak. Going to run breathers both sides and just pull one when you need to add oil?
actualy only 5 bolts they are for the la style 318 i have found if you keep the bolts snug and check them often then you are less likely to have leaks

also since they dont have a pcv valve ill run dual vent filters and just pull to add oil

21 - 40 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.