DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today after class i will be starting my new exhaust system. my buddy just got an 05 duramax and gave me the stock exhaust which is all 3 inch. i've got the Jeg's off road y pipe already with a super 40 and the two pipes comming out of the side infront of the rear tire. the pipes on my truck now are only 2 inch and one is dented in to about 1 inch.

so my question is - Am i going to gain anything other then noise after opening up the exhaust even more? :help:

- also i will have pics in a few hours

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
Nothing major, you'll open up a couple horsepower, I'm running 3in on my '95 Dak with a 3" Cat and duals out the muffler, loud as hell, the performance gain is noticeable but nothing major

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey i dont expect much.. its already loud as F**k so we'll see how the po po's like this. is yours a kit or custom?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
why do we have to be po po's

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol you dont have to be! the "cops" in my city make cops look bad. they got the new chargers and think they are the shit....

- i was also wondering if 3 inch tips are going to look stupid....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got 3 1/2 inch tips right now, but when I get my new exhaust I'm going with 4 inch for a little deeper rumble.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i wonder who came up with that word "po-po"? I got 5" tips and from like 10-15" away they look small, so 3" tips wont be too big at all. I think bigger tips (3 1/2-6") look best on 4x4 or raised trucks or diesels. Smaller tips (3" or smaller) look better on lowered or 2wds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.