DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Talk about having a sh1tty fathers day! It started out great until I went to restart my truck. early in the afternoon, I took my father to the local liquor store to get some wine. I went in with him to give him a hand. When I came back out and got into the truck. I simply put the key in the ignition and turned it over......WTF! All I got was a simple "click". Thats it! One lousy click and the embarrassment of sitting there like a complete fool in a newer truck. The worse was when I had to watch it being towed on dollies because they could not locate a flatbed for it. You should of seen the eyes when going down the highway. My truck is a one of a kind where I live. That just made my f--kin day. This morning I went back to the dealership to give them the scoop on what is happening. I first went right to the truck to see if it would start. Sure enough, it turned over. I played with it a bit but it happened again so there is a problem somewhere. I personally think its the starter. I brought the service adviser out to hear for herself, which she did. I tried to get the damn thing to throw a code. Not achance, unless I am doing something wrong. I just hope they don't give it back to me and the first time I go to shut it off it does not start. What do any of you think it is? One click is all she does. I have power in the truck. Everything functions except starting. I tried switching a few relays in the fuse box, but nothing. I did wash my truck that day but had no problems starting it after that. STUMPED!

·
Registered
215 Posts
if you decide its the starter, Denso released thier OEM products to the aftermarket, so we can buy our starters, alternators, ac components, etc at a fraction of the dealer cost - densoproducts.com has them.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Thanks for that bit of info Sparkplugs, that great to know!

KB

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealership called and guess what....? They said they did all kinds of tests and found SQUAT! I told them the next time it happens I want to talk to the area rep. We will wait and see..........

·
Registered
255 Posts
My friend just bought an 05 hemi quad cab and his does the same thing if the A/C is turned on. Once he turns the a/c off it will turn over with no prob. My truck on the other hand doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My AC wasn't on at the time. The service manager even thinks its a flat spot on the starter. If it happens once more, he gave me his business card and told me to call him and would come out personally with a technician to see what they can do. I am carrying a ballpene hammer in case it does do it again. I will have to give it a light tap on the end of the starter as someone turns the ignition. This is a bullsh1t to me. They should of just changed the starter anyway and be done with it. I shouldn't have to drive around in a new truck with a false sense of security not knowing when this is going to happen again. I could be out of town the next time.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:VHOT: Well....It happened again!
10 minutes before I am supposed to be at work for time and a half, I stop at a 7-eleven to get something to drink. I get back in my truck, insert the key to start......F--KIN nothing! One click.
I called my younger brother who later comes riding up on his new FATBOY to give me a hand. He gets in the passenger seat while I am under the truck with my ballpene hammer. As he turns the key, I give the starter and solenoid a few good wallops...Nothing.
I gave up after 10 minutes of that. You can clearly hear the starter try and engage. Its either engaged from the last start up or theres one hell of a flat spot. She is toast. The brushes or contacts are probably burnt too. I have 30,000 miles on it. The truck throws no codes either. Everything is normal as for power, just no start. You think there would be a code for this as if it would sense the starter not engaging. They are going to hear from me this morning. They will be fixing it this time, thats for sure. The damn thing is costing me money under warranty especially when I could be getting paid at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.