DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have said it for almost a year now, but i finally got some tires for my rockwells so now they are going on. i went with the 47"LTBs so as soon as i get everything lined up and connected, it is time to play. i am 6'1" just to give you all an estimate. and i got to go about another 10-14" up so that the pumkin and driveshaft clear the steering box and trac bar.

Attachments

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Holy Ssshh**************tttt!!!!!

Thats...errrrr.....AWESOME! :worthy: :gr_patrio :gr_patrio :rck:

I just noticed the back cab sheetmetal is gone. Whats the plan there?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
man that is going to be sweet are you keeping the 360 or going bigger

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thats gonna be a bad bitch right there

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
Sweet looking rig!

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
i foresee a smoke blowin CTD, soon:worthy::gr_patrio

me likey, a lot, and x2 on the cab thingy

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,my plan is to make it almost a buggy, and i have 3 other racing seat like the one mounted, and i couldnt get the leg room i needed so i made room for the rear seats by taking out the back of the cab. we are also going to bob the frame and throw about a 4' flat bed and exo cage around it. as for the 360, it will stay until it gives out, then who knows what will go in its place after. i definately know that when the engine swap goes, the tranny is going with it. i am on my 3rd one, and it has been rebuilt 2x so i definately want to go with something other than the 46RE. i will get some more pics on here as soon as the rear four link is done.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Lookin sweet man. Im helpin my cousin do a SAS on a Dakota. Dana 60 high pinion up front, and 14 bolt rear. Both completely rebuilt and locked. Gonna do a 3 link suspension with hydro assist stearing and ciolover shocks. We just got all the old front suspension off yesterday and all facroty welds ground off. Now the axle is going under to start measurements.

What kinda stearing set up are you running? And maybe you can bring that thing to the next state wide meet. Last one was in Kileen...

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
That is bad ass...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am going to go full hydro on the steering, i wanted hydro assist, but we cant find a way that is conventional to get it all together under there so we finally just said screw it lets go all out. I would love to bring it out when its done, but i am in afghanistan until december so it is not going to happen this year,, i just went home for 3 weeks for my twins to be born, and got out a couple of times to the shop to work. but if you give me the contact info, i can have one of my friends bring it out and see what its worth. they emailed me yesterday, and said that the rear triangulated four link is done and sitting on its own, so i am just waiting for some pictures now. they are having to build all new upper links in the front, and sleeving the lower cepeks, to get the axle foward to where it needs to be.so i am not sure if they are going to wait until after that to show me, or if they will be nice enough to let me see as the progress goes along. this is the reason why I shouldnt mix friends in business... but they are good at what they do, and they do it right, or redo it to make it right. but here is a pic of what the ride hieght is after we finished the spring mounts and everything for the front, and got the lower rear links and brackets together a couple days before i came back here. about a week and a half ago. this was the last time i had my camera with me out at the shop, so this is what i got.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah and they are also build square sliding driveshafts, extending the trac bar another4-6" and i just got a pinion mounted disc for the front that should be going on anyday also. i will show you guys, after i get to see it. hope you like, i know that I DO. it is a little bigger than i originally wanted, but in order to make everything work with everything else we had to do it just how it is.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Thats pretty cool man. And help me out here, in the second picture, passenger side front controll arm, is that two pieces of metal one inside the other ot am I just looking at it wrong? Knowing me I probably dont know what its called, Im forever learning new things working with my cousins on their shit. And what kinda transfer case are you gonna be running? What do you mainly wheel? Rocks, mud, trails, bash cars....

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Man, I want to do that. I wish mine was a 4x4. Probably a good thing I don't, I would be runnin over sh*t all the time, just because I can :rck:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, the front four links we extended out 14" and then we sleeved the entire link bars which are now 62" long. in that pick we just tacked a small piece of pipe over the orginal link bar to get the axle lined up in the fender. when said and done there will be the thicker tube all the way to both ends of the bar, but the middle 14" will just be that bar. I guess i should update my signature one of these days. I stick mostly to MUD, but i dont turn around for nothing!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh sorry, i am running an NP205 xfer case now. but when the enginge, tranny, or case break, i will upgrade to something better. if it isnt broke, i am not fixing it yet. i just upgrade as i go.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Sounds good man. I saw on Pirate4x4 a guy used PVC pipe for his links so he didnt cut up his good DOM. Looks bad ass man, cant wait to see it up and runnin. There is a thread somewhere bout someone doing a 440 swap and running rockwells I think.... I check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.