DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Started my body lift today after work , finally some temps back in the fiftys , where I feel like getting back out side , anyway got the bumpers off and the lift blocks in , it looks amazing anyway could not get the 4wd shifter knob off so I put it in netrual till I can get a answer from some one else if they've had similar problems or a easy way of doing it with out destroying the knob .All so ordered my new 33 12.5 17 Nitto terra grapplers today anybody else have a set they seem to review well unless you have a 3/4 or 1 ton truck . Thanks Terry

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believ e you will need to pry the cap off that shows the layout of the transfer shift settings. Then you will remove a nut and the nob should slide off.

John

·
Registered
756 Posts
dont you have to weld anything how easy is it so far

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done 3 other body lifts before this all chevys , their all about the same , you take the bumpers off you lengthen all your hoses, make adjustments to your wiring , pull your body mount bolts , jack it up put your blocks in , then it's adjusting all your bumpers up to your new height with brackets , you are suppose to lengthen (weld) your 4wd shifter shaft , but I'm still looking into that .If I come up with something else other than welding I'll post .

·
Registered
476 Posts
I went and got my shifter welded. But after that, i found i probably could of gotten away with not doing it, cause mine is adjustable. Try that first if your's is the adjustable one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Biker Daddy said:
Thanks you were right ! ever been to Potters Pub :D
Potter's Pub, hmmmm let me think about that, let's see I guess I have been in there a few times. Actually a couple of my buddies have run the door there at different times.

You from the area? I wouldn't mind taking a look at your lift as I am also considering this mod.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
the nitto terra grapplers arent that great. I had the 33x12.50/15's and they didnt last me a complete year. Horrible tread life. They wore even, just not long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey mitten diver yea I'm a little south of you in Milan , about 12 miles south of Ann Arbor . Pretty much finished it last night , tires should be here any day . If you want to check it out , let me know ,Thanks Terry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Biker Daddy said:
Hey mitten diver yea I'm a little south of you in Milan , about 12 miles south of Ann Arbor . Pretty much finished it last night , tires should be here any day . If you want to check it out , let me know ,Thanks Terry
Terry,

Shoot me a PM with some contact info as my company has an office in Toledo so I shoot down there regularly.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey my Body lift is complete except for the shifter extension which I'd like to look into more .The Nitto's showed up Monday night got them mounted yesterday and put them on last night , looks pretty close , for rubbing the plastic and it rubs on the frame probably as much as it did when I added the R/T rims or as much as any other lift you've added and added wider tires , braking takes a little more effort which again if this is not your first lifted truck it should be know suprise . But it out ways the look and feel , all in all I would definitely do it again , When I rolled it out of the garage it was like OMG , I now measure 42 inches from the top of the wheel well to the ground .I was a little nervous since I'm running a true 33 inch tire . But I will make some minor trimming today , just for good measure . I will try to get some pics soon but don't hold your breath , I'm not that computer savvy . Thanks Terry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Terry,

I will be heading to Toledo tomorrow, so I could swing by on my way home to check out your ride. I have your PM so I will take it with me and give you a call when I start to head in that direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.