DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just looking for any info you all may have, I have a 01 ram 1500 5.3 with a 46re transmission, I have no codes and the truck stalls in revers unless I give it gas, it also stalls when I come to a stop unless i put it in neutral, i changed the shift solenoid and govoner pressure solenoid as well as the TPS, IAC I also took the throttle body off and cleaned it well. I'm thinking it may the torque converter but I'm hoping for other ideas befor I drop the transmission

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's odd I have to say. I used to own a 2003 dodge ram 1500 with the 46re trans as well and it failed on me at about 145k miles. My symptoms were much different though, the transmission in my ram was having a real hard time shifting gears. Ended up purchasing this remanufactured transmission here,
https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=46RE, and I have to say it's done its job. I hope what you're experiencing isn't the transmission going out but if so they may be able to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, luckly after my last post the ending light came on for the crank sensor, after replacing the sensor the truck is having no issues. If anyone reading this need help with the crank sensor I'd be glad to share how I got it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts